Snowfox 03-02-2022

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Xpendable

Snowfox 03-02-2022

Post by Xpendable »

First mission was AAA near Bandar Abbas. I came up with a Harrier armed with TPOD, 4x GBU-12's, 2x AGM-65 E2/L and 2x Sidewinders. I created a nav point with the mission lat/lon, slaved the TPOD to the nav point, designated as a target, lazed, and dropped 2 bombs on a AAA. Could not find any other AAA nearby, then saw nission info was giving new coords. Punched in the new lat/lon and warmes up the Mavericks. Made multiple passes but could not get the Mavericks to uncage. No idea what went wrong. I have done this numerous times but couls not get them to work last night. No idea why. More practice is in order. Somebody else took out the remaining AAA. RTB to Khasab for rearm.

This time I rearmed with 8x GBU-38 JDAM's and 2x Sidearms. New target was a small 2 story HQ building. Made a nav point again and flew towards target. This time I used TOO (Target of Opportunity) mode to create 8 targets all at the same point TPOD was targetting. For some reason I toggled off target #2 thinking that was from previous mission. When within range with good solution percentage, pickled off 7 bombs on one pass. Switched to bomb view and watched that HQ get pounded. Mission #2 complete.

While starting to head back, heard the mission update for a convoy and assumed incorrectly that it was in the same area. Figured I had 1 bomb left and would take 1 pass. Punched in coords and saw range was doable with remaining fuel, but not realizing I had wrong nav point selected. After being vectored away from a threat of Mig-29's and being asked to check fuel state, I realized I had wrong waypoint selected. After selecting correct waypoint, realized fuel was going to be iffy. Decided to not risk it and RTB.

Unfortunately that was going to do it for me for the night. Thanks to the guys that helped with air cover keeping the bandits at bay. I did stream last night, and you can watch my video here:

https://player.twitch.tv/?video=1413636 ... gaming.com

Ok, getting an embed error. Try the old fashioned link method:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1413636403 ... ntent=vod
Bones

Re: Snowfox 03-02-2022

Post by Bones »

Round 1:

With Grifter in the front, Bombcat with iron dumb bombs, CCIP...ended in a flat spin!:

Messing with Trichome by hitting him with sonic boom. I haven't flown the Falcon in a while so I kinda suck at this landing hahahaha:

Quick CAP:

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Re: Snowfox 03-02-2022

Post by Bones »

Xpendable wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 04:25
First mission was AAA near Bandar Abbas. I came up with a Harrier armed with TPOD, 4x GBU-12's, 2x AGM-65 E2/L and 2x Sidewinders. I created a
Nice AAR Xpen! Love watching the Twitch part.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot