Snowfox 03.16.22

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Snowfox 03.16.22

Post by Bones »

Great night last night!
Between Grifter and I in the Tomcat, we totaled 7 kills with Phoenixes that actually worked, and some close in kills. (I trashed two Phoenixes, oops, but one of them hit anyway). On both hops we got back and trapped on the boat, alive.

But the MVP of the night was Trichome he totaled 13 kills in the same bird, AND made it back alive to trap on the boat. He was not just ace of the day, but DOUBLE ace of the day.

Trichome's approach:

Trying to strike SA-2:

CAP With Grifter in the backseat:

CAP with Grifter in the pilot seat:

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: Snowfox 03.16.22

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Wow, awesome job Trichome!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

I nominate Trichome for the title of "Ghost of RLG!"

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

I also must add that a strange anomaly occurred where me and Grifter's F-14 had its flaps drop, and get jammed asymmetrically, which made it even more hard to land on the boat. One flap was partially down and the other was full down. Yet Grifter got us on deck! I nominate Grifter for King of the Greenie Board!

v6,
boNes
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

hahaha... Ace today, Dead tomorrow....

Great comms yesterday too! We really smacked those birds out of the sky...

Im still riding that high. Im working on my A2A so Im happy to see it is paying off. I even told the wife yesterday. She mentioned it must be the new glasses.... lol (Im 38 and yesterday was the first day I got my glasses. Its been interesting wearing them. Feels so odd.)
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

That was a dirty dirty landing.... I was short on fuel hence my dive into the carrier from the wrong direction (sorry paddles)
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I guess I should be very grateful that I'm 49 and I don't need glasses....yet.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

One of our better nights for sure! I want to get back to practicing dogfighting in the F-14. Very rusty and I've lost whatever feel I've had for the jet in that regime. I've reacquainted myself with the Mirage and I'll be putting some time into that jet as well over the next few weeks. For me, my primary fighter is the Hornet, Tomcat, and then the Mirage. So, I'll like to brush on the latter two. :-)
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I have decided to re-focus on the Mirage. Once I got some new controls figured out (after a long time away and updates to the module) I think I am doing OK again, Trichome and I did good together on one of his flights. I am always happy to dogfight with the Mirage or Mig-29.
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Great! you can help me if I get stuck. I've been watching tutorials and I think it won't take long for me to figure it out again. I did some test flights and I can employ all air to air weapons. I need to revisit a few key things: how to jettison stuff, cornering speed, how to bomb, how to land properly. I landed the other day but came down too hard and bent the gear.

We'll get some flying in!
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I am not so sure I can be of help, but can try. I have the super 530's pretty much down again, but still need to work on the Magic Missiles. ;)

ground ordnance will require retraining for me. they have also added the runways bombs which require a new technique, but symbology is similar to/same as the cluster bombs and snake eyes (CCIP). unfortunately the mk82's only method is CCRP, which is extremely inaccurate. then there are the LGB's, which will require someone to buddy lase (I am sure that Xpen and others would be willing).
Helmut
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Yep, happy to help with a buddy laze any time you need it. I always have the TPOD as part of every loadout.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Same, can buddy laze with the Hornet's ATFLIR or LITENING for you, or even with the Tomcat's LANTIRN!

v6,
boNes
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

are you guys able to change the code on the fly while in the air? or, as in RL (gaming!), we would need to coordinate prior to Mirage depart to set our bomb codes. We actually have to shutdown the engines to make the change.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

As far as the TPODs go, yes, we can change them in the air. You would be able to IRL too. It's the bomb codes you can't change in the air IRL...but they did not simulate that in the Hornet, only the Tomcat.

v6,
boNes
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Yes - typical per 3rd party modules the bomb codes are simulated properly. In the Mirage the bomb codes need to be set on the ground, engines off.
Helmut
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Yes, I can change laser codes in flight with the TPOD on the Harrier. My bombs code can be changed in flight as well. The Hydra laser-guided rockets I can carry have to be set on the ground, however.