Skyfox Mission Night 040622

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Skyfox Mission Night 040622

Post by Bones »

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Xpendable

Re: Skyfox Mission Night 040622

Post by Xpendable »

Xpendable's livestream from last night:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1448532747

I watched the tail end of the video and discovered what went wrong when I was dropping on the arty installations. I was carrying GBU-54's which are JDAMS that also have laser tracking capability. I was dropping them using GPS coordinates, but I accidentally fired the laser from the TPOD when zooming out the TPOD, and this caused the bombs to track the laser. I probably need to remove the lase function from my stick because A) there is no lase button on the stick in the real Harrier and B) I tend to fire it a lot accidentally without even realizing it while zooming the TPOD.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Interesting find Xpen. That's why I like videos, good for debriefs and AARs.

Your last AAR was pretty good. I used to post AARs like that here (you can see them in older posts) but have gotten a little complacent about it recently as they take time that I don't really have anymore. I haven't even been timestamping my videos for the same reason.

I'll try to do last night's though because you, Grif, and I had a pretty good night last night. And I'm under investigation for shooting down Trichome, haha.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Oh yeah, you can see that fracticide in my video... lol here is the clip...

Check out this clip! xpendable172 streaming DCS World! https://clips.twitch.tv/GrotesqueScrump ... hTbzD7Qrcu
Bones

Post by Bones »

Yeah if you look at my video at 6:43, you can see what happened. I am clearly locked onto the bandit, and IFF confirms him both through DL and my own IFF that he is a bandit. I launch, but unfortunately Trichome is closer to me than the bandit and is in my dashed visual boresight circle. I still don't think Trichome should have been hit by my missile since the bandit is clearly locked on--but maybe since Trichome was in the visual circle it went after him instead?

Or it is another DCS issue...

v6,
boNes