Liberation Syria 10132022

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Cr33p3r

Liberation Syria 10132022

Post by Cr33p3r »

OH man I did not have a great night. i did get some video though especially of those MLRS launches. Strange they all fell short. I'll post later on today.

Disappointed in my Mi24 tactics that led to AAA damage to my 3 remaining rockets plus my computer crash. Hopefully that Mi24 is registered as landing safely at Stalwart. I will need it again to clean up the other ground targets. I'm also disappointed in the AH64. I did all things by the book and George AI would not fire hellfires for some reason. I'll have to run through this offline to make sure i did everything properly.

Oh well, another day another battle.
Bones

Re: Liberation Syria 10132022

Post by Bones »

You'll get there! MAybe George was dead like that one time?

I did love how we went out as a 3 ship package, and it was even cooler that it was a mixed three ship in that it was a Hornet and Mirage mix. I felt like my formation flying was better than usual, as well as keeping with the flight, but was disappointed that the PB mode for the HARM wasn't working. That code must be bad, it was X'd out in the MFD and when I put a code for the SA-8, it was not. I fired at an SA-6 at about 15 nm but I don't see that I hit anything. Then I got into a fight while carrying a heavy HARM on one wing which was not a good thing. I should have stayed low but you guys were getting so overrun by MiG-29S,I had to join the fight. Bad move me trying to climb from angels 4 up to 30 while carrying that HARM. Those MiGs just shot me down no problem while I was trying to sort them all out in TWS and only getting datalink contacts because I wasn't changing my radar settings to look up higher.

I did get my revenge with the F-14 though. 2 Phoenixes actually hit, and I was smart enough to bug out before getting overrun being that I as alone in the air and had 4 missiles left. Thanks to Trichome and Jester, I navigated to the nearest friendly airbase and landed there, neding the night on a good note.

BTW Trichome, as a reminder, when I first entered the server I jumped in a Tomcat just to get access to the F10 menu to do ATC. But my throttle was in the full afterburn position when I did so my Tomcat went off the ramp into the grass and broke a wing off. So I don't know if that counts as a loss or not. I hope not.

Speaking of ATC: All of you guys were doing much better at ATC comms. The thing I noticed the most was everyone responded very comfortably, naturally, and appropriately. Still room for improvement, but I can see this getting great. Our flight comms were excellent too.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I had a great time as well but it also amazes me that the enemy SAM behavior is still so irrational/unrealistic even after all of these updates we've had to the sim.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Bones wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 06:27
I did get my revenge with the F-14 though.
It must pain you to write that!
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Linebacker initial shots

Trichome

Post by Trichome »

debrief
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Some tacview clips. Great program!

How Grifter bought it. 1 against 5

Jedi's SAM woes - its like the sam was just waitng for him
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

From an offscreen Fulcrum and not the two at my six that I was actually looking at so I'd know when to go defensive. Yup,it's the one you don't see coming that gets you. I should've extended off long before any of that though. I pressed a bad position and paid for it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯