Syrian Power SAM Practice

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Syrian Power SAM Practice

Post by Bones »

In analyzing the best way to kill this SAM battery at Allepo, I ran the scenario several times, this one being my best run:

Decided to change tactics a bit and make sure that the Flap Lid was dead as a priority to killing the SAMs.

So same as before, came in at about angles 28, pickled off the TALDs. Alot of the missiles fired at the TALDs blindly flew straight ahead toward them, flying underneath me which was uncomfortable. But made sense: The TacView showed that since I was flying so fast, I was actually outrunning the TALDs. They were locking me up as I got close but I was not going to run unless they fired. I got into JDAM range and pickled them off, then ran. Pickle was around angels 25.

Got kills on the Flap Lid and some S300s. Ran away and came back for a popup with the Mk82s, salvoed as a pair.

In what was the most harrowing popup attack I've done thus far, I popped up at 2.5 miles from the target, rolled in at about 1.25 miles and dodged at least 2 SAMs coming in thanks to chaff/flare/and jammer. PIckled right on top of the SAM battery and pulled hard to keep from crashing into the ground and ran as fast as I could to avoid the frag pattern.

I got critical hits on several of the S300 batteries, not enough to kill them, but I think enough to disable them. I blew through, then made a wide turn around the target area to stay out of their range and headed to the nearest friendly base (didn't know where we started from since it was airstart).

Got back to base and did my victory break over RWY 27 and landed.

Good way to end the weekend!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot