Monday Night Training - Laser Maverick, Buddy Lasing, LST, and JHMCS Designation 120522

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Monday Night Training - Laser Maverick, Buddy Lasing, LST, and JHMCS Designation 120522

Post by Bones »

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Re: Monday Night Training - Laser Maverick, Buddy Lasing, LST, and JHMCS Designation 120522

Post by Trichome »

This was alot of fun... I definitely want to do more of this. Maybe next time I try lasing with the apache or vice versa?
Get grifter and creeper in the mix on training Monday too.

Maybe we can ask hammer to load up the Not in My Backyard Mission.... I think thats a good one
Bones

Re: Monday Night Training - Laser Maverick, Buddy Lasing, LST, and JHMCS Designation 120522

Post by Bones »

Trichome wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 08:06
This was alot of fun... I definitely want to do more of this. Maybe next time I try lasing with the apache or vice versa?
Get grifter and creeper in the mix on training Monday too.

Maybe we can ask hammer to load up the Not in My Backyard Mission.... I think thats a good one
That's what monday night training is all about! Fun working with different things!

any thoughts on my JHMCS issues? Did you see it, what am I doing wrong?

I have done dissimilar buddy lasing before, it was fun. I was in the A-10 and buddy lased for an F/A-18C and we scored a kill, it was great.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Bones, you have actually lased for me in the Tomcat while I was in the Mirage... We successfully dropped warheads on foreheads - literally (you lased a manpads).
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

That's right, I recall the capital expenditure!

v6,
boNes
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hey Bones...

Im not 100% sure what happening around 18:37.....

I can see you SOI to the HUD and designate via the JHMCS but then the target distance goes all over the place not sure if you didnt SOI to the FLIR / is the markpoint causing an issue (I dont use markpoints)/ I cant see if you SOI back to your FLIR.

If you dont SOI back to your FLIR and you touch the TDC Slew it will go miles with the smallest touch.

Make sure you have nothing TGT Designated currently
SOI to HUD (JHMCS)
Look and locate - then - TDC Depress
right away SOI to the FLIR to fine tune the location/image
SOI Left to MFD - MAV -
Uncage
Fire

We should see if you can do this right off the bat before we make any mark point and start and target runs next time. What Im seeing is weird....