F-14B Training Day

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

F-14B Training Day

Post by Bones »

I just spent 2 hours flying a "quickstart" mission for the F-14 called Training Day by Heatblur. The storyline and voiceovers are the best, they really did a good job. PArt of the mission progression depends on you in flight refueling, so I took a stab at it (pun intended).

I did well up to a point where they want you to circle--and then they stopped telling me what to do. The mission was just broken! AGH. 2 hours for what? Well it was an enjoyable 2 hours.

Anyway, I looked it up in the forum and lo and behold a couple of weeks ago someone had the same problem and HB said, yup, thanks for pointing out the broken mission. They fixed it and made it available for download. SHeesh, I wish I saw that 2 horus earlier!

Oh well at least they fixed it. I'm going to try again with time compression though.

Here is the mission footage:

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Grifter

Re: F-14B Training Day

Post by Grifter »

This is why I don’t play single player DCS anymore. Which is a shame because I have several Baltic Dragon Cpaigns I’d like to play. But relying on triggers and the potential for broken missions makes the process annoying and too time consuming.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Yeah. Apparently it was working but the last patch broke it and no one noticed until now. Heatblur made this so it's a beautiful museum with voiceovers from the same actor who did jester to begin with

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

Oh and the tanker was a KC-130...never tanked with that before!

v6,
boNes