DCS 6/21/2023

We will post info for game session/mission times here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Xpendable

DCS 6/21/2023

Post by Xpendable »

I am going to be iffy again tonight. Another daughter's softball game and the situation with my parents isn't great. My dad has been in rehab for almost a week (after being in the hospital for half a week from what basically amounts to exhaustion). My mom is bed-ridden (for 3+ years now) and she keeps treating the hired in-home care worker(s) very badly (not a new issue), and I am concerned the care agency is about to blackball her - meaning they will no longer send care workers. My parents have reached the stage where we need to put them both in some sort of assisted living, with my mom likely going to a nursing home. That's not going to go over well. We tried to do this a year ago without any success. The situation has worsened, especially since my dad's memory is failing and he is no longer caring for himself properly. At any rate, lately we are teetering on the brink of disaster. Tough times! I hope to be on tonight, but it's probably only 50/50 chance I will make it.
Grifter

Re: DCS 6/21/2023

Post by Grifter »

Hi guys,

I’ll be on at 9 EDT. Hammer will likely be late too.
Cr33p3r

Re: DCS 6/21/2023

Post by Cr33p3r »

Hang in there Xpen! My wife was working part time at an assisted living and memory care center. It was so poorly run but gave her good insight into what all goes on. Since it was private, it was understaffed and many adult children didn't want to pay the extra to put their parents who were in need of memory into that part of the facility because it costs more. That made for even more challenging situation.

We will all get to that point eventually with our parents. I feel for you. With all that going on and still having to give your immediate family the time and attention they need can add to the stress. Hang in there!