Foothold Extended 02.28.24

We will post info for game session/mission times here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Foothold Extended 02.28.24

Post by Bones »

The coalition made significant gains since last week. Not only have we taken the mountain pass and established an outpost there, we have now taken Mineralnye, and until logistics caught up with it, had been using it as a FOB to attack enemy sites nearby. Of interest is Nalchik which is suspected of spawning HINDs and HIPS to attach us at Mineralnye and at sites south of the base.

We finally have our supply lines such that we have been able to bring several units to Mineralnye, saving us the flight from Maykop and other distant bases.

In addition to our detachment of F/A-18s and F-14Bs from the CVW and USMC, we have also been able to transfer several Ka-50s,UH-60s, Mi-28s, Mi-8s, and a HerkyBird to Mineralyne. This should help in taking out the outpost at Tyrnyauz just south of Mineralnye and also at Nalchik, who are fortifying.

In the last few days we have seen heightened activity of MiG-29 flights and of special interest, JF-17s. On no less than 2 separate occasions, there have been clashes with JF-17s resulting in both sides taking losses. The SD50 missile is not to be played around with!

Thus we will be needing significant teamwork in covering the ground strike units attacking the south Tyrnauz outpost, as well as when we turn our attention to Nalchik. Intel has it that a convoy is also headed to the outpost to fortify it so we will need to take them out as well. They consist of BTRs, T-72s, and SA-8 Geckos (Osas), and possibly some Zoos. The SA-8s in particular have been a nuisance and should be taken out.

Mission commences Wed, Feb 28 at 2000 Eastern. Monitor this post for future updates and intel.

Good luck!

v6,
boNes
Last edited by Bones on 27 Feb 2024, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: Foothold Extended 02.28.24

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for that update bones!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Re: Foothold Extended 02.28.24

Post by Bones »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 07:28
Thanks for that update bones!
If I had more time I'd do a proper briefing!

BTW, all helos are cold start so you can have at it!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot