Wed Nights DCS Starting 041024

We will post info for game session/mission times here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Wed Nights DCS Starting 041024

Post by Bones »

Hello all,

The problems people are getting with the Foothold Sinai mission seem to all point at the mission having way too many objects and missions going on at once and because it is a newer map with alot of objects that make it hard for people with lower end/older hardware to run.

Thus what I propose and have set up is this:
Wed nights for those whose hardware don't allow for Foothold Sinai to run, I have set up Foothold Syria on the server. This should work better, but I won't know until people get on and try it. The map isn't as new and has less stuff in it so it should in theory be OK. I ran a mission solo on it today and it worked fine, but that's subjective If it doesn't work out, I can set up a different mission for the next time.

For those of you with hardware that can handle Foothold Sinai, you are invited to fly on Thursday nights at 6-8pm Central at Wingnuts' machine acting as server. Meet at the RLG TS3 DCS channel and after Wingy confirms he has the server up, go to the MP screen do a search for Wings Tavern and join there. Wingy can give you the password over TS3.

Hope that way everyone who still wants to fly can do so one way or the other, at least with these campaigns!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: Wed Nights DCS Starting 041024

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'll be sticking with Wednesday nights. Thanks for thinking of this bones!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

I appreciate the idea, Bones. I have selected the parts for my new computer but have to wait a little bit because our credit card is on fire with the recent registrations of all 4 of my kids in spring / summer sports. Even after I get a new computer going, I am probably not going to be able to fly on both nights anyway. This week I am unlikely to be on at all because my 5th grader has middle school orientation on Wednesday (she goes to middle school in the fall).
Bones

Post by Bones »

All sounds good!

When anyon has the chance pop on the server and just check to make sure you're not getting lag and stuff--I don't recall how intensive Syria was, at least for any other machine but my own.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

OK all.

I switched the mission out. It is still Foothold but not Extended. And it is still in Syria. I ran a test on it just now and saw no lag, and the points and persistence worked.

So this is what we will fly on Weds. When you get a chance pop in there and make sure everything is working to your airframe's liking.

v6,
boNes