Softball

Is this an official "Add on"?

Post by Softball »

Saw this at GoGamer.com...

http://www.gogamer.com/cgi-bin/GoGamer. ... w/001IL2FO

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ostfront Add-On for IL-2 Forgotten Battles

Overview
Fly on the Eastern Front for the Red Airforce, Luftwaffe, Royal Air Force and the French Regiment Normandie-Niemen in 24 campaigns.

Kurland
The Germans are retreating across Poland and the Baltic States when a bold Russian thrust cuts off the German Army Group North from the rest of the Wehrmacht, trapping hundreds of thousands of men.

The Germans re-establish a land corridor and continue their retreat but the Russians, aided by a French fighter regiment, reach the Baltic once again and this time there is no escape.

The Kurland pocket fights bitterly to the end of the war, isolated but impregnable.

Murmansk
The northern Russian port of Murmansk is the only ice-free port available for the vital Lend-Lease convoy route.

The Germans are pressing closer and the Red Airforce fights tooth and nail to stop the bombers, aided by the RAF’s 151 Wing.

Slowly the tables are turned and the Russians start to advance on the German bases in Finland and Norway.

Schlachtflieger
Bonus campaign, fly the Hs-123 biplane (uses Cr-42) in low-level strafing and bombing missions. The aircraft is well-suited to the Blitzkrieg of 1941 but how will it fare in 1944?
----------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Softball on 07 Mar 2006, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Have to say, that's the first time I've seen that myself. But not seen anything on the forums about it. :?
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Damn link didn't work for me...sigh...
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

worked for me but went to front page...

that is because some type of session ID is used in the URL...see the link SB posted.

anyway's, it is called Ostfront. Not sure about official, but it is published by GMX... I think same folks that published the western front add on?
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Can anyone really see us buying this as a group?
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Ok, if it's one of those addons, they are purely skins and campaigns/missions. No new planes. That means any one of us could install it and it won't make a difference online.

There's been talk of some of the Russian addons, such as a flyable Pe-2 and some what-if/1946 planes, being released over here, but nothing concrete.
The Jedi Master
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Add-ons or patches mate? Cause PF is notoriously incompatible with 'other versions'. So if it was to be an add-on, that would have consequences for the group, wouldn't it? :?

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

SimHQ review of said addon:

http://www.simhq.com/_air6/air_210a.html
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

Looks like it got a favorable review. 8)

This addon has 24 dynamic campaigns? :shock:

So what does everyone else think about this addon? Is it worth looking into as a group? IL-2 is one of the sims we fly the most. Sounds like it might be fun, and there's 24 dynamic campaigns!

Thoughts? Comments?

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, have to say, it DOES sound promising. And part of our problem with the game is missions (lack of, difficulty of making).

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

24 dynamic campaigns for the in game campaign generator that we do not use...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Why is that? That we don't use them?

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

it - it is called NGen and is the built in campaign generator. there are limitations to it over DCG...

DCG campaigns use more of the map as active area to conduct missions...that is the big one I know of.

I have suggested we try it to see if it does better at pathing and creating non-repetitive missions... We should.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, I'm happy to give anything a go. Especially if it gives us as much enjoyment and saves someone all the arse-ache of trying to develope missions & campaigns.
It's like cooking the dinner; a lot of the time, you're so damn sick of the sight of food that you're put-off your dinner before you sit down and eat.