New IL-2 Expansion out and about

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hudson

New IL-2 Expansion out and about

Post by Hudson »

Il-2 Download Expansion for Pe-2? We going to play with this or skip it? It looks like there are two additional expansion coming down the road as well from what I read tonight...
http://shop.ubi.com/Prod_ExtDesc.asp?ca ... =386&id=97
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

So far, there's no point. It's a PITA to DL and install with Ubi's DL service and all and I doubt enough of us would get it.
For now, for compatibility purposes, I think we should skip it.
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I agree with Jedi. It's a shame though since I would really like to fly the PE-2. I just wish it was sold as a retail expansion in the US.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hudson

It looks like.

Post by Hudson »

Panzer it looks like that if you wanted to fly it you can switch between 4.04m and 4.05m by changing the sfs file back and forth... not a big deal for hte most part.... aside from that I guess nothing has really changed...
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Not actually sure I'm patched to 4.05m myself - must go check that, ASAP.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

4.05m is the number for the Pe-2 expansion... highest you can be is 4.04m unless you go buy it. At least that was what I gathered in my exploration of the whole thing last night. People have even managed to write little utilities to swap between 4.04m and 4.05m so they can fly the Pe-2 single and still play with their friends online; but it's just swapping one file from all that same reading so really you could do it all with a .bat.......
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

You can achieve a lot by wielding a bat, especially on a computer . . . . . :wink:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

.bat as in a file ending in ".bat" you know one of those simplest of scripts for achieving an automated task on your computer :P :D :lol:
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes, he knew that...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Hudson, can't you just tell Steel's been around me far too long . . . . . . . . :lol:

Hudson

Post by Hudson »

I think maybe he has. It seems he might have given up on you :lol: :P
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

:wink:

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

not to mention this crap:

"As we are all by now aware the western market Pe2 uses software called boontybox to download and validate. This software adds itself as a service and scans your system for compatible games (and other more private stuff). I am not sure if you are all aware of this but boonty.exe is loaded and run in the background everytime you run the new il2fb.exe. This is not something I want happening on my system and I am sure most of you feel the same."

this kind of thing has no business in a flight sim.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Damn it! They're at it again. If it's not Starforce or whatever . . . now, it's boontybox?! :evil: Well, thanx for the warning. Good, bad or indifferent - they can shove their expansion where the sun don't shine. Have to agree, much as there isn't much to find, I certainly don't want software running riot like that on my PC.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

remember, or know if you did not, this is Ubi. Maddox games has nothing to do with this. it can be removed, but is a pain.

also, this might be worth getting once all three packs are released. the content is o.k. for now (we are not generally interested in bombers) but later packs add more fighters and more ground objects. i could even make the Biplane campaign more better (!) with the new ground objects and remove even more vestiges of WW2.
Helmut