something different?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

something different?

Post by Hammer »

anyone up for flying a biplane only campaign? i tried it tonight single player... pretty cool, some intense dogfights - close quarters. fictional of course...and i bet i can find some ww1 type skins as well.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Don't see any reason why not.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

If you guys are up for it, I'll go ahead and create an early Eastern Front DCG campaign with the biplanes and we can try it out this Friday. It will probably be USSR vs. Finland.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i have a specific campaign created with biplanes... you are going to have issues if you just stock (even with dcg) try to use biplanes and have any fighters. they'll all do ground attack (likely).
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:i have a specific campaign created with biplanes... you are going to have issues if you just stock (even with dcg) try to use biplanes and have any fighters. they'll all do ground attack (likely).

Understood. I would be interested in trying out your campaign then. It's at least worth a shot!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i can send you the folder/file too...
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:i can send you the folder/file too...
that'll be fine. panzermeyer44@yahoo.com
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Pass it around then P-M, would ya . . . .
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

you have to run DCG to use it...

Panzer,
make sure you are at latest version. 3.27 i think.
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I'm interested.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

o.k. - i have been trying this the last couple of days. it is definitely fun and different. i sent Panzer the DCG coop campaign. he should be able to test it out before Friday. i will not likely be on Friday - I am picking Nidia up at the airport as she stayed in Mexico an extra week.

You all will need to download a skin pack I put together for this. it adds a bit of color that adds a little more of a WW1 flavor to it.

25MB, link:

http://files.rlgaming.com/Skins.rar

uncompress these into your IL2/PF Skins folder...they will go where they need to.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Okay, skinpak downloaded and installed - do I need anything else as a client?

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

nope...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Kewl, as the young 'un says! :wink: