persistent campaign?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

So that's the way they're going with it! Maybe we'll decide to buy one particular add-on as a squad? Who knows. Are they progressive add-ons or do you know if you can just plumb for one or the other?
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

you have to get the previous add ons for the next in succession to work.
Helmut
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Right, so those who want the later ones but NOT the Pe-2 have no choice.

I'd rather wait for a "total" release containing everything on one DVD, but I don't know if they'll do that.
The Jedi Master
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Yes, thanx Steel, for grinding out an answer for us - I see you had your work cut-out for you at SimHQ to some extent. For me the atmosphere is always edgy over there - you never seem to be more than one post away from a flame fest. I read the thread you posted in, what WAS that guy's problem . . . . . . :lol: Jeez, they can be an exciteable lot at times. :roll:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Softball

Post by Softball »

I read the thread Steel started asking about joining an online campaign(4.04m) and the SIMHQers bashing him for not shelling out the $15 for the 4.05m addon, etc etc.

Screw those guys IMO, if $15 is no "big deal", then how about they send enough money for all of us to have it, or they can just STFU. My problem is having to pay the $15 for a patch/addon so that everyone can be on the same page, how absurd. Imagine if you had to pay $$$ for every game patch ever made? :shock:

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

thay are called "fanboyz"... :D
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Yeah, no kidding. To do that we find ourselves with another LOMAC IMHO.

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Well, to be fair LOMAC has had only one addon in the 3 or so years it's been around.
Il-2 had FB, AEP, PF, and now this Pe-2 with at least 2 more to follow. We've already had a far larger burden on all of us to buy these to stay in sync. To ask for more for a couple of planes we'll likely not fly more than a few times (and then only because we paid for it) just so we can get ANOTHER add on later (IOW, $30 minimum) is where the problem lies.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i understand $15 apiece for the addons. way too much if you ask me.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I'm getting the impression we, as a group, aren't too happy about shelling-out a wad of cash to stay 'current'.