coop with another unit

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

coop with another unit

Post by Hammer »

I have found a group that has been together about the same amount of time we have - 6 years or so. they seem very similar to us in attitude, i am talking with them now about some coop and adversarial coop play. they usually play with a small core group on Friday evenings like we do, and some folks form another unit join them as well.

the only conflict in settings is complex engine management, and maybe engine overheat. i think the rest is fine - talking details with them now.

http://dingersquadron.homestead.com/
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Sounds good, but if we go adverserial, we really need to work on our team/wingman coordination. Frankly we suck at it. It's an after thought and while ppl are good about coming to each other's aid, their should be someone backing you up in the first place. Something we should work on before we join up with these guys if there is time.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Yeah, agreed. I really suck at it myself. Always beginning with good intent, but I do eventually get left behind and can't always stay co-located with my buddy. Sometimes I just don't seem to be able to manouever so well either, which can make it even more work. So, it just becomes pointless. Maybe I need to take another look at my joystick profile too.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i would not suggest we practice more together first. we just never do. we should just fly with them once things are worked out. they are just as casual as we are...and themselves state that the other unit that flys adversarial against them comes to shoot them down. remember, no worries - it is all about fun and learning.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

response:

The lads are all for more guys to fly with ( or against) we meet at about 8:30 pm North Am central time.

not sure how you all feel about it tonight. i will post their teamspeak info in the servers forum.

i am at least going to drop in and say Hi...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, am real sorry to have missed Friday evening in the end. I kept on seeing a line on the monitor nsaying something about 'single channel . . .woteva'. I was unable to put that back to normal (had been tinkering with some settings), so decided I would simply apply default settings . . . .and then SHAZAAM! No more boot-up, nothing, zip, nada! Couldn't even get the bloody floppy to activate. :? . . . CONFUSED.COM!
I eventually ripped it down to bare bones, and nothing would happen. I even pulled the kybd and mouse and replaced them with hard-wired spares. Still nothing . . . not from the hard drives, nor the bios, no floppy activity. By 0200Hrs, I'd had enough, not to mention it was time to throw everything in the car and head for N.Wales. SO I switched off and away we went. Came back on Sunday evening very late, plugged-in switched on and bingo, there it was back to normal! :shock: :? No idea what went wrongt, but I do know from my experience as an electronics engineer - sometimes switching down systems for a finite period can help to negate some problems that hot resetting won't. But if anyone has an idea what the problem was, or can shed light of any sort on it, for a potentially faster solution the next time I come across that problem, please feel free to offer up any thoughts.

Anyway, Steel, as long as the guys don't mind the odd mishap for take-offs, or lack of wingie as I stray off somewhere now and then I am quite happy to simply get on with flying without practice first. If they're happy to have us as we are, then why not.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05