IL-2 1946 Announcement

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

IL-2 1946 Announcement

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I just pre-ordered my copy from a website called gogamer.com. They are currently selling it for $40. IL-2 1946 is essentially everything that has ever been released in the IL-2 series including the PE-2 and a few other entirely new planes. I would really like for the WOF group to get back into flying IL-2 if you guys are still interested. I figure that this new release will be perfect since it puts the entire content of the IL-2 series onto one convenient DVD.

Features
New Aircraft
New Maps
New Campaigns
Alternate History
New Features
Nearly 1,000 new Paint schemes
Detailed Plane Guide
Exclusive Bonuses!

Here is the direct link:

http://www.gogamer.com/IL-2-Sturmovik-1 ... ewprod.htm
Last edited by PanzerMeyer on 27 Nov 2006, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

then what do we do with all the other stuff we have? for some it will be a money concern... do folks want to move to this new, rolled up version? please give your thoughts...
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:then what do we do with all the other stuff we have? ...
If most of us in WOF decide to buy this version then we can just uninstall the current one. There's no reason to keep both installed.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I think what Steel is saying is that based on the info provided here, the new version is not worth the 40 bucks....at least that's the way I see it. I don't think it's worth 40. New Planes? shrug, I need more convicing before I dedicate mula to this venture.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

exactly, it is pretty obvious you could uninstall the other stuff - and just have it and the money spent on it just sit on the shelf (albeit we do not fly it that much right now anyway). we have much more money invested in the other things we have already bought to create a PF merged install...and if all it is is to add planes??? we never used all the planes we already had! no good changes to the FM, DM. graphics???
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I see the point you guys are making and it's certainly a valid one.
Softball

Post by Softball »

We hardly fly the IL-2 we have now. I will likely not get it until a future date, if at all.

As you know, I have limited gaming time. I am currently playing NWN2 and soon MIITW, and there's GRAW with the new patch. I will be missing the next 3 months worth of Friday nights with you guys due to my new class schedule(Unless you guys are on late when I get home). Sadly, my gaming will be limited to Sat Sun and Mon nights.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Oh, that bites. I've not been online Sat nights much in the past few months, although that's largely due to a lack of trying as much as a lack of time.

Myself, I'd like to get this but I wish it was less. I only need the Pe-2 and 1946 addons, so I think it should be $30 or less. I could buy those by DL separately, but that whole Ubi boonty thing bites.
The Jedi Master
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I might be able to do Saturday nights and after football season is over, sunday nights are a good possibility.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Here are some screenshots from the 1946 edition:

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=38975
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

So I guess no one is getting it huh? lol

That's ok, I just have 2 installs of IL-2 now on my PC. No big deal.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Has anyone bought 1946 besides me? PDT_Armataz_01_20
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i am itching to play il2 again, but that means a cokmplete reinstall of all the stuff - or just buying 1946. i am guessing that mnakes 1946 folks incompatiuble with others for online gaming??? and we had decided as s group to stick with 2.04M (is that right?)...???
Helmut
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

HOLY SHIT.....Steel has Veg-itus
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

I'd be willing to do some IL2, I have everything up to the weird russian bomber thingy. I'd love to see what it looks like and how it plays on my new rig. Granted I am PTO kinda guy I'm up for whatever. I still a have ton of missions on my old PC from the Squadron I used to fly with. Most of them are PTO, but I have enough to keep us busy for months. If only they would un-fuck my beloved P51D and empty that damned center fuel tank.

I just need some lead time as I have to remember how to hook up all my CH sticks (stick, rudders, throttle, throttle quadrant) and all the drivers and programs to set them up

I admit that that "Dogfights" show on the History channel has me wanting to do some ariel carnage
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Buffalo Six wrote: If only they would un-fuck my beloved P51D and empty that damned center fuel tank.
The 1946 version significantly improves the P51 flight model and makes its performance closer to what it really was in the war. Yes, I'm trying to sell you on getting it! PDT_Armataz_01_12

@Steel -- I would say go ahead and buy 1946 because everything comes on one convenient DVD and you get all those extra planes and maps. Let me know if you get it and we'll definitely fly. Letterboy also has 1946.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

heh...next you will tell me they fixed the Zero's high speed elevator and aleireon controls. I mean IRL you get a zeke over 300 mph in a dive and the stick gets rooted in concrete. Or that they fixed the seemingly endless Zeke E-retainment.....jeeze, dont get my hopes up
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

EB says 3/13/07 for release...for 30 bucks, I may wait till it is availible in the US
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Buffalo Six wrote:EB says 3/13/07 for release...for 30 bucks, I may wait till it is availible in the US
Get it from gogamer.com. That's where I got it.

edit: Nevermind, wait until EB has it. Gogamer is still selling it for $49.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

dang it now I'll have to upgrade my trackIR from 2 to 4Pro.....Panzer what are you doing to me!

lol