IL2 Files

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

IL2 Files

Post by VEGETA »

There is a set of IL2 files in the portal posted by buff. they are coop missions for the pacific theater. Only the server needs them but hey might be a idea for people to grab them anyway.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

I picked up a little utility that allows me to quick change stuff in the missions.
So, I am in the process of changing my Guadalcanal mini campaign from F4U-1 and 1a's to Late 43 Hellcats. The missions will remain the same, but we fly hellcats. I can do the same with my Guam mini campaign if yall want, convert to the later F6's.

These missions were made for my old squadron, and well some of them are rather long, as thats the way they liked them, a realistic as can be made. We flew with complex management etc... so most of the timings for engagements are based on crusing speeds etc.. In reality, the complex management, at least on the coursair involves the supercharger, prop speed, and mixture (full rich or 120% for max take off weight) . We had takeoffs and landings (although more take off than landings) and carrier ops....which I am really rusty on. Anyway, they are good missions, I think they are anyway, and they throw a lot of diffent stuff at ya.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Well for now I don't think I want to run the complex engine management lol. Takes off and landings I think I would work on, and everything else fine by me PDT_Armataz_01_12
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

let's not do complex engine mgmt yet... i remember a little from flying, but i want to enjoy a bit too. maybe Buff can get us there...

what do folks think about the realism of long flights and takeoffs/landings? the only reason we started air starts was a couple folks could not take off without rudders... i prefer the takeoff/landings. we can do like we always did - someone messes up on take off restart the mission right away...
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote: what do folks think about the realism of long flights and takeoffs/landings? the only reason we started air starts was a couple folks could not take off without rudders... i prefer the takeoff/landings. we can do like we always did - someone messes up on take off restart the mission right away...
I'm absolutely fine with doing takeoffs and landings but I see no logic behind having very long flight times. Let's face it, it's not like we have the time to get together to fly every night so the few hours we get (usually on Fridays) are precious.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

The time factor is another reason we've not done T/Os, but at the same time we've had some near collisions at start during air starts.
The Jedi Master
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I'm fine with take offs and landings but long flights are a bummer since our time flying the game is so limited (once a week). If you fly for an hour to get to the target zone only to be clipped/shot down within the first five seconds, and have to wait until everyone else is done flying...that would suck!!
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

ok, I'll work on making the lead times shorter on any new missions I make. I'll set them up for T/O and L and the host can decide if we start o tnhe runway or air start.

Like I said, I'm working on a Midway mission set for both sides flying fighters or bombers, although the USN fighters didnt really mix it up over the Jap fleet, just a few from the Yorktown and even they could not keep their devestators from being wiped out. Most were on CAP. Which still let the Kates get through and sink a carrier.

I cant find a great CAP mission I made based off VF-17 action during Operation "Cherryblossum". VF-17 flew a CAP over the Bunkerhill and this is where Kepford earned the Navy Cross. I'm still looking.