IL2?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

IL2?

Post by Hammer »

Anyone that has it can you try a couple of things? I am having a terrible time with takeoffs and even plain flying. Planes are very difficult to control on the ground, and every one I try seems nose heavy in the air, requiring quite a bit of elevator trim to not wear out my arm keeping the nose level.

Please compare to the demo version. I had none of these issues in the demo version 2. A little bit of elevator trim yes, but not like it has been. I am using the TM controllers with the Stickworks chips...maybe something there.

I will try WW2 Fighers and see if I have the same issues.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Flew a couple if missions after posting last night... I did better, but I think my issues may have been something to do with my joystick... Maybe time to break out the old X45 again and see if things are better... It probably has to do with just getting used to the game feel as well.

Anyone else have any input?

BTW - Raptor and Kat have a resource local to them with IL2 at $10, if they still have it in stock. Even shipping at USPS Priority makes that a bargain as most places are still selling it for $20.
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

Steel, I applied the patches you suggested and all went well. Just some feedback on the issues you mentioned above.

I flew the IL-2 and it takes off like a hog. It is really slow (160 or so) and you have to hold the elevator up for about 3 minutes or so while the speed climbs ... once my speed got to about 350 or so, it handled like a dream ... almost no elevator needed for level flight. I haven't tried many of the ac yet, but that is what I have seen.

I also needed a bit of rudder on takeoff to get airborne ...
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Kamikazi

Post by Kamikazi »

Gator, it sounds like you need alot of trimming for that plane. Does the trim not work in IL-2, or is it as SLOW to function as FS2002? (btw, I personally hate the trim in FS2k2, because NO ONE trims a plane that freakin much!)
Jeff
Gator

Post by Gator »

oh, it will trim ok ... it just takes forever to get to "flying" speed.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I agree on the trim being undermodeled, but maybe they did it that way to be able to be more precise. I have not even tried the IL2... You guys know me, don't like the A2G stuff! I have been flying fighters, mostly 109 and 190, and they are definitely more temperamental. I also hear that the 109 and 190 have a few issues with the flight model in IL2 that are corrected in FB...maybe.
Helmut
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Hi guys. A quick question while we are on the subject of IL2!

I have the chance to get a copy of IL2 and Ghost Recon plus another game of my choice for £20 or $30

But i am wondering if it will be worth getting IL2 or should i get IL2 Forgotten Battles!

Does FB have the original IL2 game in full plus all the extras or is it just the new battles in it???

IL2 FB is retailing at £35 about $50 over here but as i already stated i can get IL2, Ghost Recon and another game for $30. I just dont want to get IL2 and find out you guys all have IL2 FB and can't join in on any fun!!

Thanks for any help guys!!

Nemisis
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Softball

IL2

Post by Softball »

Nemesis,

It is my understanding that we are going to be flying IL2 first, and if everything works out, we will move onto IL2 FB at a later date. If you can get IL2, GR, and another game for $30, then by all means add IL2 FB to that list. If you can get IL2, GR and IL2 FB for $30, that is a STEAL!!

IL2 FB is a seperate game in itself, it does not have the same missions as IL2, but it has most of the same planes, and more detailed graphics.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

FB also has the same maps, plus more. It has its own missions like SB said, and more planes than IL2.

As stated above, the plan is to try out IL2, see how many folks like to fly it, figure out the inner workings of mission creations, multiplay, etc. and then move to FB later. The very earliest will be after the first patch is released...but we still have yet to get online together.

This week folks? Are you ready? The sim has a learning curve - even just for flying so please do not expect to just jump in and do MP the first time you play it. You need to be patched to the latest versions, have your controller issues sorted out, and at least have flown several missions.

Yah I know - sounds a lot like work! :) But after the initial hard times, I am enjoying the campaign very much. Take off, conducting the missions, and landing. I am very happy to just get home and land after having done some damage to the target... At this point I am not even worried about kills...
Helmut
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

OK i'll get IL2 and Ghost Recon plus another game of my choice! and get FB later! I cannot get FB as my third game as the shop has not put it in the list of games for this offer :( but i am sure that i will find something just as good there like CFS2 or the likes!

Cheers guys

Nemisis
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]