Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 10

Kamikazi

IL-2 Squadron?

Post by Kamikazi »

It appears there is alot of love for IL-2, and although I'm not playing yet, I thought it'd be interesting to vote on an IL-2 base for the Black Sheep. Any suggestions?
Jeff
Softball

IL2

Post by Softball »

Hell yea, I'm all for it.

I had a GREAT time the other night flying IL2, great graphics, great plane and damage modeling. I would actually like to fly it more now since we tried MP the other night. It's pretty cheap to buy ($10-20), and SHOULD run on most systems, it has been out for a year or so now.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Gator

Post by Gator »

Dave,

Since we already have a "Black Sheep Squadron" it's really only a matter of designating a sim for it.

That's just the way I see it...

-Bri
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Softball

What sims?

Post by Softball »

I don't think we are spreading ourselves too thin. What I would like to see is more players on a single night. It's obvious that not everyone can make it on the same night.

F4
JF18
OFP
GR
RvS (New and no "official" squad)

That's the 5 most played games I have seen here at WOF. What other sim(s) does WOF currently support AND play that is not on that list? To me, 5 sims is not all that many, what is one more? Besides, we don't have an active PROP sim squad.

I would call it more of "re-activating" the Black Sheep squadron. (Was it ever active?). Unless you have tried IL2 in an online session, you don't know what you are missing. The game is fantastic, looks great, and was extremely smooth with no lag (well, we had no 56kers in there). And there is a Dynamic Campaign mission (co-op) editor out that we can use to make dynamic missions for us to fly in Co-op mode.

Hades

Post by Hades »

I agree with kat it doesent mather if we play 1 or 100 as long as we have fun.
"The greatest failures of them all is the failure to try"
Ed Bugarin Delta force
Kamikazi

Post by Kamikazi »

Next fall I'm going to have an apartment with cable access. I should be able to play ALL sims then. I'm still working on the connections at home over the summer, hopefully I can join in. I'd LOVE to fly props with you guys!
Jeff
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

i think we should add 50 more sims/rpg's/ps2
and require everyone to attend online sessions at least 5 hours per day 7 days per week (except for airsoft events) or face execution (or at least a cat o' nine tails).

actually it doesn't matter to me how many or few sims we have - i still show up when i want to and play whatever the 5 or 6 regulars are playing at the time. except for IGI2, which i still cannot run, dammit.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
Softball

IGI2

Post by Softball »

Madrus,

What problem are you having with running IGI2? Are you able to install the game? I had to run the NO CD patch to get it to work on my computer. It uses the same Safe Disc 2 copy protection as OFP, and my WinXP and DVD drive do not like Safe Disc 2. :(

Madrus

Post by Madrus »

Well, first of all, this just pertains to the demo versions. Both SP and MP exhibit the same problems as numerous other people have reported on the forum - screen goes black, a stuttering sound comes from my speakers and all inputs are non-responsive. I have to hard reboot. newest sc driver is installed and the newest nvidia drivers (43.45) are installed. earlier video drivers had the same problem.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Going Back onto the main subject of an IL2 Squadron I think that it is more than obvious at the moment that there are enough of us interested in IL2 to get one night a week dedicated to it at least!

I have IL2 now, got it on Thrusday but due to my system i have to run it on the lowest graphics settings to get the FPS up to a good speed. But i will be getting a better system up and running soon enough so that i can enjoy what seems to be a great sim with you guys ASAP.

Back onto the subject of how many sims we support on WOF, well i think it does not matter how many we have as such,but we should advertise our main Sims and interests on the website F4, JF-18, OFP,GR and so on as our core sims so as to let any interested newbies know what our Squad is mainly about.

But i don't think we should limit ourselves to these sims as it is always good for people in our squad who have old sims they liked and want to dust off now and again and sims most of us don't have but a couple do and they can arrange a night to get together and try out!

Also any new sims that are released that are given a lot of interested such as IL2 (although it has been out for a while now) should be given a chance to get established.

I like the way this Squad is organized at the moment as a night for any game can be arranged depending on who is about and who has what sim, while still having a base underlying schedule for the core sims that anyone can turn up to or miss, depending on what they happen to be doing that night and not have it turned into a serious issue, as we all have real lives and jobs and families, a combination that goes to make up unpredictable shedules and sudden emergencies that no one can predict, as well as the fact that we are scattered halfway around the globe in different time zones!!!

All this goes to make it very hard to make a hard fast concrete schedule for any of our sims but we all seem to have a great time on here despite all that, doing what we like doing as our hobby!! Playing games!!! I hope i never grow too old to stop playing games!

On the games front I would like someone to create an online version of PACMAN in 3D and Raptor can play PACMAN and we all play the ghosts chasing him about the 3D maze trying to catch him before he gets his power pills!!! :lol:

Just a thought! :D

Nemisis
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Get it going as a black sheep squadron official sim and then set the schedule for one of the nights we currently have designated as a pickup. Some of the old sims need to be put on Reserve....not retired, but designated in a way that says we sorta support these sims still too, but they do not have an offical night anymore. After all, folks that come here looking to join a USAF squadron, though I doubt that it is a rarity these days, may be disappointed to find we don't really play it anymore.