Pacific Fighters night

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Pacific Fighters night

Post by Hammer »

I would like to do a PF night like a Falcon night.

Requirements would be a merged install and latest patch.

I would actually like to try something different in a Africa Campaign to start with. How does that sound?
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Re: Pacific Fighters night

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:I would like to do a PF night like a Falcon night.

Requirements would be a merged install and latest patch.

I would actually like to try something different in a Africa Campaign to start with. How does that sound?

Count me in for sure. I also have several good COOP missions we can play in North Africa.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

do you have that N.A. campaign from the PF site? That is the campaign I was wanting to use.
Helmut
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

You mean an online playable campaign, not offline? Which PF site do you mean?
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

THE PF site - ubi's site. Is there a different between and online and offline mission? Do they have to be written specificaly for online play? And yes, online...
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:THE PF site - ubi's site. Is there a different between and online and offline mission? Do they have to be written specificaly for online play? ...

Yes they do. Single player missions are scripted differently from MP missions and they are not interchangable. The North Africa COOP missions I have are single missions, they are not part of an online campaign.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

K - well those might be good for starters...

Is there a specific N.A terrain/map?

I can do a Dynamic Campaign...if there is a map for N.A. We have done that before (I don't think you were playing with us yet) and it works well...
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:Is there a specific N.A terrain/map?

Yes, I believe it came with the Aces Expansion Pack. Jedi and I have flown several missions in the N.A. map.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Before the AEP, the only 2 ways of flying online were dogfight (H2H free for all) and coop single missions (which supports H2H if you want, but generally is done with everyone on the same side).
Starting with AEP, they introduced the ability to fly an online campaign that works like the offline one introduced with FB--dynamically created missions.
Of course, you can still do the old "create a series of coop missions and call it a campaign," but this is different. I'll check the PF site tonite and see what it says.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

not true - DCG has had online coop campaigns for quite a while. That is the tool I used with original IL2 and FB when we were doing online coop campaigns. It is what I will likely use again as it keeps progressing to get better and better and keep up with the patch/game releases, etc.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I can host a Pacific Fighters server tonight if anyone is interested.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I used DCG as well, but it wasn't "official."
I've got the latest one but I've not had a chance to try it yet. I think it's 3.05 now, he's updated it like once a week in the last month.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yep - 3.05 currently.

i don't care about official for tools - most tools for games are not official anyway.

dcg has always been better than dgen in my opinion - and at this point i am glad that Ubi did not pick up dcg - it is probably far better than it would have been if they picked it up instead of dgen...

i have not tried it yet either, but may get a chance to set up a N.A campaign this afternoon/evening with it. i am pretty confident it will work well based on past experience...
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well, it looks like i am not going to be able to put together a decent North Africa campaign in any amount of decent time, so I suggest we pick a campaign that is already in game.

most folks probably want to do Pacific? Anything in particular?
Helmut