PF dedicated server

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

PF dedicated server

Post by Hammer »

does anyone have time to fish around and see what the system specs folks are using for dedicated servers?

i have a dual athlon 1800+, 2GB machine with a lot of bandwidth that we can use for a dedicated server. i could bump this to dual 2000+ and overclock a bit as well if needed.

also, is another copy of the game needed, or is this able to be downloaded and run for free?
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

o.k. - setting one up now, we will see if the system can handle it the way it sits. definitely won't be a bandwidth problem.

once i have it set up, i will post remote desktop access instructions in the servers forum.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I might go have a look for something - probably PF or whatever the latest version is. What is the patch/version/theatre that WOF plays most of the time? And which ones are stand-alone versions? THx.
Don't look at me like that, you lot - I am just desperate to have something I can get my TrackIR working with, LOL!
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

we fly the latest version of PF - 3.03m - the m meaning a merged install with FB, then AEP, then PF installed on top of that...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Okay, so would I then need all the stuff? Someone give me the full list in long-hand, and what is a patch and what is a shop purchase.
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Kodiak you will need the following:

1. IL2 Forgotten Battles £10 (Game Store) dont pay more or your getting ripped off.

2. IL2 Ace Expansion Pack £10 Maximum

The above 2 can be bought as a single unit called IL2 Forgotten battles Gold edition £unknown but no more than £25 i would think.

3. Pacific Fighters £25

4. PF 3.03m patch.
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Softball

Question

Post by Softball »

Ok, stupid question. If you have a Dedicated PF server setup, can you join the campaign in progress? Does it allow people to come and go as they please for missions? If so, then I will certainly be playing PF soon, real soon.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

campaigns are just sets of individual missions... i use DCG to create a dynamic campaign, but they are still just a series of missions. i do not think anyone ha really been able to duplicate Falcon in that aspect yet...

i understand that you can join missions in progress if it is a dedicated server - part of the motivation for doing this... we have to test for sure, unless someone has already expereinced it first hand.
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

dude...TWO dedicated servers? you rock! :D