iL 2 practice

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

iL 2 practice

Post by KODIAK »

Okay, I have really been enjoying myself on the iL 2 recently, and although I do NOT have the experience yet I am sure it will come in good time. Anyway, I am willing to go up and do some practice with anyone else who feels they would also like to get more iL 2 stick time in - the benefit of some 1-to-1 is without doubt the best way to learn anything.
Nem, I know you had your head stuck in other things, as we all will when we get our mits on Dangerous Waters, but I was wondering if you might care to give up a little time for that, seeing as you appear to have a bit more success than most there?! Let me know, I benefitted massively from the short 'tutes' you gave me on Falcon 4 - and I'm sure you could do the same for some of us in iL-2. Fancy helping out there?
Anyone who may be interested in getting some stick time (even if Nem can't help out) register here with any thoughts on when and what. Thanx. 8)
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I'm interested in getting stick time in both sims (f4 and pf). I would like to train with you kodiak in F4 and learn how to operate the LGB systems as well as practice dogfighting against migs; specifically, I want to work on wingman tactics. Props to Gator for reminding me how much fun it is to work as a team in a dogfight.

Equally, I want to work on similar tactics in PF, but first to learn how to dogfight against the Japanese super zeros. Well, I figured out you really need to Boom and Zoom, but extend away at least 2 clicks if you hope to turn and line up for another pass. what this also means is that you have to learn to be a fairly good shoot at long distances. .80 or so. Peppering, NOT spraying your target. As you draw closer you can hold the hammer down. Be careful to dodge them as they will not move out of your way. Have an angle of attack slightly above theirs so they cannot bring their guns to bear on you. I would be happy to fly some 2v2 against AI or H2H with you anytime Kodiak or others.
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Well, Kodiak when it comes to F4 you know i don't need a lot of practice in DF but loads in A/G but then A/G isn't really my thing anyway.

PF is another matter altogether though and my success at DF in PF is abismal my dogfighting techniques need to be radically altered as normal F4 DF techniques do not apply in PF, it's back to square 1 with PF.

So yes i'd love to get more DF practice in on PF.
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

I'll practice with you when I can, if I can.
"...and the bombs go BOOM and the walls crash down, bang, bang, boom, boom, war is a terrible thing, OK?!..."

[img]http://www.stevelanephotography.co.uk/aviation/TEMP/Area51.jpg[/img]
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Hey Hammer, where are ya? never see ya man. We up to late for you? Could some of us hook up with you earlier in the day on a weekend? Let us know if we can help you out. Falcon 4 or PF IL2.
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

I have said somewhere else, BT have disconnected me from broadband, saying we owed them £440. We paid, but they still haven't reconnected us. I predict I'll be back up by April.
"...and the bombs go BOOM and the walls crash down, bang, bang, boom, boom, war is a terrible thing, OK?!..."

[img]http://www.stevelanephotography.co.uk/aviation/TEMP/Area51.jpg[/img]
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

oh. Ok. well see you then.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Okay Nem, I guess I misinterpret your little bit extra success as being that bit more experienced at things. But I am more than happy to spend time flying with you, we always seem to learn something when we go up in F4, so lets do that. Anyway, anyone who knows correct tactics or tactics which work should post here also, to help us learn. I believe the first thing we should be doing is learning to fly as at least a pair.