Eastern Front Campaign

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Eastern Front Campaign

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Would you guys be interested in playing an Eastern Front campaign this week? I figure that it would be nice to switch gears and take a break from the Pacific theater for a while. I was thinking we could fly on the German side. I was thinking about setting the campaign during Kursk (1943). We would have flyable aircraft like JU-87's, FW-190's, BF-109's and HE-111's.

Does that sound good to anyone?
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Yes, that would be a pleasant break from the norm, mate. Thanx for all your effort putting that together.
Softball

Campaign

Post by Softball »

I don't care what we fly, as long as we fly. 8)

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Wadda ya mean ya don' CARE?! Waaaa.a.a.a.a.a.a.aa.a.a.a. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

same - don't care but I am partial to the bf-109... fw-190's are also not too shabby.

any bf-110's?

philosophical question - are we ever going to maintain any continuity and put real effort into surviving anf fighting a campaign as a squadron?
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:same - don't care but I am partial to the bf-109... fw-190's are also not too shabby.

any bf-110's?

philosophical question - are we ever going to maintain any continuity and put real effort into surviving anf fighting a campaign as a squadron?
Oh yeah, I'll add BF-110's as well. They are awesome for ground pounding. As far as maintaining continuity, we can start doing that this week. I'm all for it.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

cool, i did some bf-109 practice last night and thoroughly trounced some P-51's... ;) Got 5 kills in one mission. I need to go make sure I do not have the AI set on stupid or something though...
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I'm all for maintaining continuity and trying to survive as a squadron in any and all campaigns we fly. I hate german a/c, but I'll fly it for the fun of it. I would really like to fly a spitfire or P40 campaign as well. Steel had started an African campaign and I was really digging that.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

O.K. guys - I will fly OPFOR and you all can fly Allied AC...

Grif,
You can not argue 5 kills on P-51's in one mission though... It was 4 on 8, I lost no AC in my flight. One of the best missions I have ever had, for sure - and in a BF-109 G.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Grifter wrote:I'm all for maintaining continuity and trying to survive as a squadron in any and all campaigns we fly. I hate german a/c, but I'll fly it for the fun of it. I would really like to fly a spitfire or P40 campaign as well. Steel had started an African campaign and I was really digging that.

How come you hate flying the German aircraft? Most of the BF-109 models are a dream to fly and they also have great firepower. The BF-110 and JU-87 are very stable flying platforms and can carry quite a bit of bombs.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I did'nt say it was a bad a/c...if I did, it's because I hate the visibility issues in the cockpit. The p51 is not modeled well in this game in my opinion; still, no one can dispute your kills or your skills. Taking down that many a/c is nuf' said. Anyway, I'll fly German planes too, don't care.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I might suggest making squadrons flyable on both sides, then maybe we can see how that turns out...

Who wants to always fly German with me?

Who wants to always fly Russian with Grifter?

I think this could be some serious fun...

Every night after we are done flying, send the campaign files to me (or me to Panzer depending upon who is hosting) so either can host and we will not be out of the campaign because the normal host can not show...

Or do you all want to concentrate on Coop only?

Grif,
I do NOT think my skills are that good... I am not sure about the P-51 modeling. I never have thought it was all that, other than looking extremely cool. I think it was good at what it was designed for - high speed high altitude combat. I do not think it is very good at all in lower altitude combat - which is where this mission took place. Plus I packed a little extra firepower which tore them little buggers UP! :D
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

At this point, I'm really interested in coop only. We need to work on our team skills. shrug. But again I'll do whatever the majority wants. I think you're right Steel, never considered that point. P-51 is great at high altitudes, did'nt realize it was not as good at lower alt.