steel AI Difficulty settings? Average? Veteran? Ace?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

steel AI Difficulty settings? Average? Veteran? Ace?

Post by Grifter »

Hey Steel,

I'm just training and I wanted to know what you have the AI set to in the campaign so I can have an accurate assessment of my skill level. Do you run them at AVERAGE? VET? ACE? Thanks!

Grifter
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

average or vet...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

That would tend to make sense then, Griffy. Seeing as you had the AI ability set to "UFO" mode. :lol: :lol: , now I understand why we couldn't follow the little buggers onto the next ethereal plane. :roll:
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

LOL, don't look at me Kodiak. I did'nt make that mission. Well I seem to fair okay against the vet mode, not great, but I did down 2 enemy and survive consistently in my training sessions. If I had canon, I think I would've got more. ;-)

Well, I'm looking forward to flying IL2 later this week. I'm sure for all my practice, I'll still find a way to die but it's all in good fun. I would like to do well for the sake realism in the campaign. But I guess I need more practice. :-)
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

More than happy to get stuck-in to more iL-2. I will benefit greatly from getting the most out of my TrackIR profile and adjusting my Cougar set-up and profile too. That should really put most things to rights for me, and I am slowly getting a grip of the right kind of tactics to be using. But I still think we should at very least enter the fray as a 'complete flight/squadron', I'm going to readup a little more, but I know of a basic protective tactic called the 'Big Wing', advocated by the all too well known Douglas Bader of RAF Duxford fame.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

yeah tactics are totally different in this era. Wingman communications is essential and we've had some success with it. Gator and I especially have been good about leading enemy to each other. If he's on my six I bring em to Gator and he turns on em. Vice versa. Course it's tough in a furball. Also if you overshoot try this: I go vertical, roll 180 and pull back on the stick (half loop or immelman I guess), brings my nose back down behind my original target. At .40 clicks, bang.