Ubi's Pacific Fighters

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Buffalo Six

Ubi's Pacific Fighters

Post by Buffalo Six »

Well these last 2 weeks or so I have traded in my Mech for a F4U-1D Corsair in Ubisoft's Pacific Fighters. If you are a fan of the IL2 series...then PF is the continuing of a great line of Sims. I have been flying this sim off and on since it came out. I flew mostly the german stuff, 109's etc... because I just couldnt bring myself to fly as a Ruskie. Then the Aces Expansion for IL2:FB came out and gave us 'Stangs and Spits (and lots of other planes) to fly. So I stayed with the 109's and the 'Stangs because they are similar planes performance wise.

So fast forward to Pacific Fighters and wow! If the 109 is a Porche 356 then the Corsair is a '67 Vette with a 427.... all about brute power. It is a wonderful Zero Killing machine. Just dont try to turn fight with a Zeke. Oh and it took me about 150 attempts to get carrier qual'd in a Corsair...she is ugly to try to get aboard.

Here are a few pics of me (I go by Hookecho with my squadron) taking down a Zeke. I have not hung up my spurs in MW4 totally yet. I'll wait and see how MW4:HD turns out. No, I am still a Horseman....just waiting for a game to come along that we all can play and have fun with. Anyone who would like to fly with a squadron in IL2:PF can take a look at the squadron I'm flying with at :

www.pacificfighters.org

we are a pretty laid back group that dont take thing too seriously.

Here is Buffalo (known as Hookecho in his PF squadron) taking a shot at a hapless IJN zeke in his plane "Wichita Belle". Yes, PF is that good!

- Buff
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

Buff give me a call I think I wll be getting this sim.....Need a lot of training though it has been a long time since I played a pure sim.
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Extremely annoying Robotech-style (a la Mint or Minmei's nephew) child whine-voice: "Mwaaaaaaaaaa! I wanna Sopwith Camel!"

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Roger Dodger Slammy.........I'm quail hunting this weekend so I'll drop you a line Sunday night or so. Be advised....this game needs some horsepower. Not a Cray supercomputer mind you but it pushes my current rig pretty hard in online play. Your just going to have to putz with the settings to find the sweet spot.

Over Christmas I plan on getting a ASUS Geforce 6800 Ultra 256mb card so I can use that wonderful 3.0 shadder for uber perfect water =)

Anyone can checkout the squadron I fly with at

www.pacificfighters.org

I go by my other callsign there.....Hookecho

Anyway...Slammy if you get the game I'll get you checked out and up to speed and help you on carrier landings. Trust me you will crash and die a lot learning how to do that but all of a sudden it all works and you wonder what the problem was.