persistent coop with a purpose?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

persistent coop with a purpose?

Post by Hammer »

who would like to try this?

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f ... 094272/p/1

http://seow.sourceforge.net/

we would either need to split into two groups, find another squadron, or maybe have one person just to the OPFOR planning but still fly with us (I would be up for that).

let me know, i can set this up on one of my servers easy... i like it!
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

The only problem for most here is the time required for set-up that one or two of the guys have mentioned in that thread. But I'd give it a go at least - never know what we might be missing, until we try.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i have been through the setup instructions - it is not that hard.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

If it improves our experience in iL-2 and we can find enough guys to say yes, I'm all for it.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

What's wrong with the current North Africa campaign we've been playing?
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Panz, I'm sorry, there is nothing at all wrong with the current campaign - let's finish it! I was just looking forward to the next thing, and having read it briefly, it does look quite a plausible step forward for us. If it turns out all wrong for us well we can always come back and do another one of the current type.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

KODIAK wrote:Panz, I'm sorry, there is nothing at all wrong with the current campaign - let's finish it! I was just looking forward to the next thing, and having read it briefly, it does look quite a plausible step forward for us. If it turns out all wrong for us well we can always come back and do another one of the current type.

LOL! I didn't mean to seem so "serious". Actually, the idea you presented sounds like a good one. I was just wondering if people were starting to get fed up or bored with DCG.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I don't think anyone is getting bored of DCG, more a case of looking to get more out of the game is all.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

actually, this is a huge step ahead of dcg. that is the point. it is going to take some effort from a couple of folks at least to get something out of this, but it can make every flight have a purpose...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Being honest, I see us fairing reasonably well. But it's down to us rehearsing basics prior to mission-time. By that I mean, who's pairing-off with who when the shit hits the fan. Some IA drills for being jumped, generic RV drills, and so on.
Not to mention, what kind of missions we are going to make ourselves available for as a team, and intended aircraft of choice.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Kodiak has a point. I think our wingman skills could use some real work. Though I think we've made strides in recent months, our wingman skills and general strategy could use some improvement.

Back on topic: I think we should try this new prog. period. We should also finish Panzer's campaign as we were having fun with it and he put a lot of work into it.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

We should also finish Panzer's campaign as we were having fun with it and he put a lot of work into it
. . . .no question about that in my mind! We should make best use of it to hone what skills we have, or feel we need to improve. And I do mean a concerted effort too. Maybe even more focus on our skills than the missions in hand, even though it would be nice to win a campaign too.
On the skill of lighter aircraft, such as those we tend to fly - I feel that ground missions are simply suicidal unless we are talking serious low level ingress, and probably only really convoys or trains or even some small emplacements or temp airfields with minimal anti-air capabilities. All we seem to do is get a good sound beating, especially around ships, harbours. :roll: