OFFICIAL Pacific Fighters patch is out

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

OFFICIAL Pacific Fighters patch is out

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Pacific Fighters Patches, Server [June 15, 2005, 1:04 pm EDT] - Post a Comment
The Pacific Fighters Website now offers a new patch for Pacific Fighters, updating the World War II combat flight simulator to version 4.01. In addition to the assorted client patches, there is also a patch to update the Pacific Fighters dedicated server to version 4.01 as well.

you can also probably get it at fileplanet.com
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I got it from ubi.com at a 450kb/s average speed! Can't beat that...
The Jedi Master
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Having troubles logging in at Ubi, any other sites you guys know of that is downloading at the mo?
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Check out the new flyable planes that come with the patch!

New Aircraft.

Flyable aircraft:
Ki-100-I-Ko, 1945 *
G4M1-11 Betty, 1941*
Spitfire MK.Vc (2), 1941 - 2 cannons, RAAF, Pacific.*
Spitfire MK.Vc (4), 1941 – 4 cannons, RAF, North Africa.
Mustang MK.III, 1944 - RAF only, 25 Lbs (8l inches) engine boost, 642 km/h on Sea Level
P-38L late, 1944 – 1720 hp engines.*
Buffalo MK I.*
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Got my log-in sorted but no sign of that damn download. :?

Yeah thx for that list, PM. I see they have the Tempest as an AI aircraft, I'd love to get my hands on that thing, it's an airborne train-wrecker. :lol:
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

ummm...it is right on the game updates page.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

It doesn't matter anyway, I have it downloading from another site now, the same site as the OFP patch. It's slow but at least it's downloading. :lol:
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I flew over 2 hours of IL-2 last night and I have to tell you guys, be prepared for a wake up call. The flight models are incredibly different and the enemy AI now flies and fights more realistically.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Downloaded and installed. 8) Frankly Panz, I am personally looking forward to the 'better' flight modelling and AI. As long as we ain't fighting UFOs as Steel puts it, I'll be just happy to have to get on my best game to achieve anything. :wink:
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

KODIAK wrote:Downloaded and installed. 8) Frankly Panz, I am personally looking forward to the 'better' flight modelling and AI. As long as we ain't fighting UFOs as Steel puts it, I'll be just happy to have to get on my best game to achieve anything. :wink:

I played several missions and I didn't see any of the infamous "UFO" behavior. Actually, if you can make it online tonight, we'll give IL-2 a try!

The new Spitfire V models are very good.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, we'll see, I think I'd prefer OFP, but let's see what happens.