Initial Impressions?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Kodiak, you are being much too dramatic about all this!
. . . .sort yourself out Panzy! :wink: Who's being dramatic? Think you're reading too far into things here; I was simply referring to the ribbing Steel keeps giving me for not having any pedals, and then relating that to the subject of the thread and the fact that I found the new site by Real Simulation. I've been thinking about getting those pedals for a while, but was unable to contact the owners of the company & website. anyway, just thought I'd share the web address with anyone who may be interested - you included.
As for taking-off with a side-twisting stick, I'm sure I could, but I have a Cougar myself. And that makes it very awkward am afraid, it doesn't take much to work out whether or not things will work well with some practice, or whether you might be as well go learn to pilot the Space Shuttle, get the idea!? :lol:
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Thx for the screen shot Panzer! I might just use that for a desktop...

no drama please guys...

Kodiak, you know we will always accomodate your rudder pedal-less self! :)
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

No! NO! I insist I MUST get some decent rudder pedals, and become a true part of the team.

(*whispers - For God's sake man, are you trying to get me hung? I already told the wife I was being thrown out the team because I didn't have any rudder pedals. If she gets wind of this, I'll be branded a liar, cheat and thief - have you any idea how many months purgatory I could get having her spend unnecessary amounts of her "Personal" funds on something I don't 'need'? :lol: :wink:

Anyway, on a serious note about rudder control with the Cougar - I tried using the Radar Rng and the Antenna Elev controls, but they are either too sensitive or lack in range. It seems there's no happy medium to be found. And it is somewhat awkward too. A real aircraft is so much easier to control might I add, simply due to the feel & feedback you receive from the aircraft itself through the controls and the seat of your pants. Not to mention the view it affords you in comparison.
Gator

Post by Gator »

i don't have pedals either, but I have used the range knob successfully. I just had to change the deadzone/sensitivity and it's fine.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Dude, you're using a Cougar right? Okay, lemme know what you have your limits set to in the calibration deadzone next time we're online and I'll give that a go. It's worth at least looking at as a 'temp' measure. 8)
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Very nice screenshot, just a pity i don't get to go OL on Friday's and join you guys for some IL2!

Great sim but just don't seem to get flight time on it anymore.
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Nemisis wrote:Very nice screenshot, just a pity i don't get to go OL on Friday's and join you guys for some IL2!

Great sim but just don't seem to get flight time on it anymore.

Thanks Nem! We should be flying IL-2 this Friday again so hopefully you can make it?
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Nem can not get online on Friday's... :(
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:Nem can not get online on Friday's... :(

How come? Is it against his religion or something or is it a "Mrs. Nemesis" issue? :o :shock: :P
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

his day off - spend time with family...i believe.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Yeah, weekends are generally downtime for Nem. He's mentioned a few times that they like to keep Sat, Sun for themselves. Unlike us sad bastards who have nothing else to do. :lol:
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

KODIAK wrote:Yeah, weekends are generally downtime for Nem. He's mentioned a few times that they like to keep Sat, Sun for themselves. Unlike us sad bastards who have nothing else to do. :lol:
I have plenty to do! I'm currently writing a script/screenplay for a movie idea that I've had in my head for a while. I'm serious!