Installing PF Merged. What Patches do I need again?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

Installing PF Merged. What Patches do I need again?

Post by Grifter »

What is the earliest patch I need again? 3.04? or do I have to go back to 3.01 and work my way up to 4.01? Gee, you'd think they'd offer a "do all" patch for this kinda thing.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Panzer,

my damn game is not working. I installed the 3.03m to 3.04m patch then the 4.01 patch, but no joy. Now I get a memory error on startup. Any ideas?
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Grifter wrote:Panzer,

my damn game is not working. I installed the 3.03m to 3.04m patch then the 4.01 patch, but no joy. Now I get a memory error on startup. Any ideas?
memory error? You mean like one of the standard Windows "referenced memory errors"? Thats odd. Hmm..I would do a complete uninstall and then manually delete any IL_2 folders from your drive. Then reinstall.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I tried for a second time to install the game and no joy. I get the same memory issue. I wish I could take a screenshot of it. I'm pissed. I had no trouble installing this game before.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Ok I've reinstalled AGAIN...but I have yet to patch the game. I started the game up just to be sure it wasn't the cd's or something weird. Nope, the game works fine. It's definitely the patches. Which patches should I use?

There is no plain 3.04m patch. They only have listed 3.03m to 3.04m patch. Then 4.01m patch.

There are earlier patches...there is a patch called: 3.01m to 3.03m patch. Should I install this first? The last two times I've tried to simply install 3.03m to 3.04m and then 4.01m I've gotten a memory failure of some kind. I really don't wanna screw this up again. Anyone know what the hell I ought to do before I bungle it again?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

have you installed all the way to pacific fighters?

meaning il2 forgotten battles, aces, then pf?

then apply the patches?

i am thinking maybe you installed only pf and then the merged pathes??? just checking...

also, try re-downloading the patches if i am off on that.
Helmut