Rudder pedals

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

Rudder pedals

Post by KODIAK »

This is definitely a game where you need rudder pedals, so c'mon guys who has what and what are your opinions on your own and other models around?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

thrustmaster elite rudder pedals - work fine.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Thanx Steel, I trust you've had no problems wear & tear or compatability issues with hardware (especially HOTAS?).
Who else, then?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

the covers on the pivots have fallen off, but it affects nothing.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

yep, okay. It's no big deal really that is it. have to go have a look-see on e-bay for UK and maybe find something for sale there instead of paying out money galore.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I've still got my original TM pedals. Gold-anodized aluminum with the wide separation, must be close to 15 yrs old now! Still the original pot and spring, too! I don't use them that hard, though. :)

The main thing to remember is that other than T/O and landing, you don't use rudders in jets that much. In props, though, you use them a LOT more. Again you use them in T/O and landing more, but I've used the rudders in dogfights and ground attack as well, which I don't need to do in a jet sim.
Also, they're of great use when flying helos! Actually I'd say ESSENTIAL for helos. ;)
The Jedi Master
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Yeah, they're definitely handy in a helo sim for sure. And, in my mind essential for d/f'ing in prop aircraft.