Screenshots of new flyable planes

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Yeah, lovely!! I've been having a real blast with the Mosquito, she CAN be a bit of a handful at times, when she gets slow in a turn for example, but as long as you are at altitude it poses no great problem IMHO. At the end of the day, she's a strike aircraft, not a fighter, so keep the momentum up and it should go fine for the most part, quite docile while sweeping around really.
The Tempest I can't really comment on properly as far as flying goes. But any iL-2 flying I do will be geared towards the Tempest in the next few days, just so I can provide a decent report on my finding as far as the Tempest's flying characterisitics are concerned. There is contention as to the basis of the Tempest Mk.V flight model (SimHQ forums), given the various engines bhp outputs, and boost figures currently under scrutiny. There has even been a mock dogfight simulated to decide the big daddy between Tempest & Dora. The general consensus being the Dora wins at altitude, the Tempest in the weeds, even honours at med alt. - climb rates, and turn rates. The Tempest as a general consensus should never get into a turning fight with the Dora at slow speed, but at higher speeds the Tempest holds a speed advantage in the turn. Reading on the history of the Tempest development is interesting too, and the innovative methods used to achieve the power ratings for engines, what problems were encountered, myths dispelled etc., Bored? Go read about it - interesting stuff. Strangely enough, the basic design start point was a bloody spitfire too! 8) And if you wondered just how fast the thing was, it's main adversary was the Me-262. many who have remarked that it was damn fast at low altitude, and a real threat.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Panzer,
what are your video settings and video card?

i will say the Tempest cockpit looks the best out of those...
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

[quote="Steel"]Panzer,
what are your video settings and video card?

quote]

1280x960 with 32 bit color. 4x FSAA 4x Anisotrophic Filtering. "Perfect" terrain and all other in-game graphics settings on maximum.

I have an ATI X800 Pro and using the 6.2 Catalyst drivers.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

I kinda like the JU-88 cockpit myself, it looks great! Can you sit in the gunner rear seats on the JU-88?

The Mosquito looks quite interesting as well, I wonder how it handles...?

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Softball wrote:I kinda like the JU-88 cockpit myself, it looks great! Can you sit in the gunner rear seats on the JU-88?

The Mosquito looks quite interesting as well, I wonder how it handles...?
Yes, you can man the left rear gun but you cannot man the right rear gun. There was an explanation in the readme file of why you cant man the right rear gun. It has something to do with the game engine not supporting it.

The Mosquito dives really fast and is suprisingly maneuverable for such a large plane. My best estimate is that it flies like the BF-110.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I wouldn't say it's quite so manoueverable as the 110, especially at low speeds. And from what I have experienced ingame, it aint as fast either.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05