RLG Squad Logo?

Projects, "toy" collections, etc.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

RLG Squad Logo?

Post by Softball »

Do we have one? If not, maybe we can come up with one? Or are we still calling ourselves Wings of Fury? Steel?

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Wings of Fury is a bit more dramatic. I've always liked the name.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well, it has kinda gone by the wayside, but some old timers are adamant...

/looks at Grifter... ;)

we can create an RLG logo though, no harm. those that want to use it can, those that don't - well...don't.
Helmut
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

I myself am very proud of my Wings of Fury membership and would hate to lose it as i use it all over the net ie Nemisis_WOF.
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Softball

Post by Softball »

We tend to play a lot of ground sims, and Wings of Fury sounds a bit out of place with GRAW and ArmA. I remember we used to have divisions within WOF for each sim/game, but that seems to have faded away. When I tell other people about our squad, I point them to the RLG Portal.

Don't get me wrong, I am proud to be part of the WOF group, I've been a member since 2001. I just think we should have some kind of structure and organization in the squad, something to attract new members. I know we are all fond and proud of the Wings of Fury name, but sometimes change is good.

I too use the Softball_WOF in various forums and games, and honestly we hardly ever do anything outside of our group. If you guys do not think we need to change anything, then speak up and share your thoughts. Let's put our heads together here and come up with some ideas on where we stand and where we want to go.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well, eventually Raptor and I are going to roll the portal into one website for RLG, and WoF will be a hosted site. by default all ELH and WoF members are RLG members as well. So folks can use either one they want...or both...or all three. use what ever seems apporpriate to you in the game you are playing. i would agree WoF for flight sims and RLG for ground sims seems right, but that does not mean you can not use WoF all the time.
Helmut
Falker

Post by Falker »

Thanks for the post.

I think this post would be more fitting if the majority of our combined RLG team were all present and working side by side on the battle field , joining forces to take down the bad guys. I know some of you folks have , but some of us are all still waiting for the big smash game that brings everyone together. For me .. I’ve been waiting for a few years now and have excepted serenity about it.

Maybe BH , or myself can come up with a 2D graphics logo. I know I’m not the best qualified for something like this but could try. It’s been awhile since I tried my hand at graphics design. I’ll bet somebody volunteers to make one “eyes roll” Anyway , it gives me something to think about. No promises that that I’ll ever make a logo tho. It’s been so long since I’ve tried something like that since Tribes =VS=

PS. “Squad “ reminds me of Half Life , ( “ AI: “)…. Squad! , quiet down… ) That’s something I miss when playing Lost Planet L8ly.

=RLGS= Real Life Gaming Squad

~RLGM~ Real Life Gaming Members

nah…

As much as I like ELH , there’s just not enough of them showing up to make an impression on me. I think my new team is RLG. I was part of something great once… ELH has a history that’s very memorable with unforgettable teamwork. I’ll remises from time to time but I should move on for the greater good. I will always be ELH in my heart , but I would love to play with RLG members anytime. All I need is a game I can beat you at.
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I agree with Steel. People may use whichever acronym they like since it will all be presented through RLG eventually. In any case, those of us from the old WOF ranks may consider wearing the tags as a badge of honor; although, we keep to ourselves, I know that we've made an impression on the sim community, enough to even attract the attention of game developers. I plan on keeping my WOF tags on. :-)