New Gaming PC Build (OCT 2023 Edition)

Projects, "toy" collections, etc.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

New Gaming PC Build (OCT 2023 Edition)

Post by Softball »

I've decided to finally build a new gaming PC. My current PC lasted me about 7-8 years. (Intel Quad core 4Ghz.., 32GB RAM, Nvidia 1070 GTX, 4TB HD Space, 27" ASUS 1080p)

Here are the new goods:

- NXZT H7 Elite Case (Black) -

- ASUS TUF Gaming z790 MB -

- (2) SSD 2TB nvME 2.0c M.2 Internal SSD Samsung 990 Pro -

- Intel i9 13900 CPU -

- NZXT 850W PSU -

- NZXT KRAKEN 360mm RGB Water-cooled HSF -

- 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM -

- ASUS Dual RTX 4070 12GB OC Edition -

- Samsung 34" Odyssey G5 Ultra-Wide Monitor (2k) 165Hz -

- Windows 11 Home - Bought from MS directly.

This new system should last me a good long while. Can't wait to try DCS and a few other games when I get it completed. Could I have bought a pre-built system? For sure, but what's the fun in that? Plus I get to decide what parts I'm putting in it. Paid cash for 1/2 and financed the rest. You can figure out the cost from the links above, but this system was around $2.3k but I added a 4070 last minute, so it was bumped to about $2.9k. Let's call it an investment. :D

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Re: New Gaming PC Build (OCT 2023 Edition)

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Did your current system die on you? I was wondering why you haven't been on Steam for 7 weeks! Anyway, that new setup looks great and we look forward to having you join us for DCS!

Concerning pre-built systems, that's how I roll now. I just don't have the patience to build my own rigs anymore and the slightly higher sticker price is not a concern for me. I gladly pay the extra amount for the convenience of having someone else do all the hard work!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

Congrats! This summer I recently upgraded my rig. You and I have some of the same things:

Win 11 Home USB Retail version (was gifted free Norton VPN)
Intel Core i7 13700K 13th Gen Raptor Lake 16-core 3.4 Ghz (Plus $20 off and free TOtal War WARHAMMER III)
Corsair Vengeance 2x16 GB DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000)
ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-plus WiFi ATX MoBo
ASUS Dual Fan GeForce RTX4070 OC Edition 12 GB GDDR6X GPU (With free Diablo IV)
Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB NVme SSD
Cooler Master CPU fan

I set pretty much all of my DCS graphics settings to high or ultra and I still get a high amount of fps! It's so good, especially the Sinai map where these settings really shine!

You should come fly with us tonight!

v6,
bones
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Softball

Post by Softball »

Haven't been on Steam much lately. Been playing Diablo 4 mostly and PC Gamepass for the last few months. My Steam is acting weird lately. I'm logged in but the friends list always shows me offline by default. If I disconnect and reconnect, it will show me online. But if I leave it to where I don't play any Steam based games, it goes offline even though I'm online.

PC is not quite ready, I'm still building it. And then I have the lovely task of reinstalling only the games I'm actively playing or going to be playing.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Congrats on the new system! Expensive? Sure, but if you're using it regularly it's well worth price of admission. Looks like an awesome list of parts. I don't see any pics though. Not sure if you posted any here.