Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

RW channel 5, 1900 Pacific
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Already going there!
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I still maintain that head to head (team vs team) is more fun that coop. Viper, remember you said you "got scared" when you head SB's footsteps? Bet that does not happen to you in coop... :wink: There is nothing like the rush of playing against other humans...plus Kodiak can play without lag issues most of the time.
Helmut
Softball

Team vs Team

Post by Softball »

Well, theoretically, when you do team vs team, it is co-op. You are working together as a "team" to beat the other team(humans). I think fighting against other humans(As opoposed to AI) gives you more satifsfaction when you get a kill. When we are on the same comms channel (Like last night), I usually use the TEAM CHAT instead of talking. That's what I was doing with Kodiak last night when we were trying to find you. We would have eventually found each other, but I think the time would have ran out first, that map is pretty big.

I have to say that I really enjoyed our 3 vs 3 Last man standing missions last night. The swamp map was very cool, you really had to keep looking behind you and to the sides to make sure you don't walk by someone or get flanked. There was some great atmosphere in that mission. I enjoyed the city fighting as well, you really have to work as a team in that one. Just as long as you don't shoot your own team members! :x

I look forward to our next GR Team vs Team.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

The unpredictability of the human opponent is what makes this so much more exciting, and they actually can think instead of following some standard or random gen pattern, humans actually panic a little or hesitate and the computer never has to worry about whether you are an enemy, and it always hits first shot unless you move without warning and so on - in a word; REALISTIC.
Not to mention that we all play together anyway, so it is possible to be outguessed by the other team members, so you have to think a little more about your tactical movement and approach.
Because we could all hear each other talking last night there were also moments when certain individuals would normally have been shot and managed (sensibly) to avoid the imminent shot by taking cover suddenly or changing direction abruptly, including myself! Just think if the other team were to be on a different frequency - comms would have been easier w/o giving away the fact that you had spotted the other team, which might very well give you the opportunity to take-out the remainder of the team in a single shoot! Does anyone remember that mission where we arrive on the raft at the bottom of a path going up the hill, then we have to get across the bridge to rescue the hostage? We all sat there and lined-up a target each after we had discussed who would take which target - that is what I am talking about - ambush!
Yeah, let's do more of the team v team stuff - invite some other teams to play against us and agree some protocol before starting; maybe that way we can avoid bumping into pompous ass situations like the Liberty Plonkers! :wink: if you see what I mean.

Regards, Don
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Ummm Viper - you DID say you were scared. We all heard you, you can not deny it! :wink:

We can play more goal oriented team vs team games... As Kodiak mentioned we can also challenge/invite other teams to play against us. I am not so sure I am fan of ladders, as some folks tend to get way too serious about them. This is supposed to be fun and enjoyable - and we struggle with the competitive spirit vs fun factor in ELH - although the two leagues we are in are not ladder leagues. We do manage though.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Viper,
You need not listen too intently to Steel saying he heard you. He apparently heard me say I was gonna camp-out in his spawn area tonite - and I didn't even have RW switched on :lol:
I think Raptor may be right - the voices are back! 8O Be gentle with him.............

Regards, Don