Something Different Tonight? Maybe.....?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

Something Different Tonight? Maybe.....?

Post by KODIAK »

Okay, no point in beating about the bush - I'd really like to get everyone top have a go at this Israeli Defence Force v1.3 mod. I am a real fan playing it in SP, and I really think you guys would enjoy it too. No-one has actually mentioned they've been there, done that with it yet and I just thought instead of the 'norm' we might be a little adventurous - any takers? Or am i about to be shot down in flames here.......? :wink:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Should be on tonight, but I'm not sure I'm going to have time to d/l this mod. If I get time, I will do it.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Fastest place to find it - sorry Steel - is Ghostrecon.net main page, then scroll down checking the righthand side for the latest downloads column, then close to the bottom of that column is the mod. Be careful not to d/l the upgrade from v1.2 to v1.3 unless you already have it. :wink:
Gator took about 15 mins to d/l using DSL and not having a very good connection i believe.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

why sorry - RLGaming does not host it... we are very selective about what we host! :D

what is so good about it? there are no missions, right? just uniforms and (ugh!) more weapons.... these are just more pretty faces to put onto the same thing.

what we need are missions, and if someone has created some missions for use with the mod, well then...(meaning actual Palestinian, Egyptian, etc. enemies as well) why these weapon and uniform makers do not create missions to go with their stuff is beyond me.

but if this is what folks want to do???
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

My aim is to get everyone trying out the new primary weapon choices and get some feedback. I feel there are few weapons that people are missing out on, although some are just plain gimmicky, the guy who did this has taken time for his reticles and sounds and I think it's worth just having at it to see what peoples' impressions are.
I would appreciate if any comments or views on potential fave weapons from the mod be posted here in this thread. I will monitor it over the next few days and hopefully we can action some of the ideas.
I realise that missions are not forthcoming at the mo, but if there are any maps people like to play then I would gladly work on a scenario and pass it on to those who can work their magic on the code - I certainly don't mind spending time working on scenarios.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

you mean you had a point to all this badgering about trying this "mod"??? :D
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

yeah! There's always a point - But I guess all those lovely weapons wont make it into our updating of the weapons/unis mod, and you'll just have to settle for whatever I can convince Bri to take onboard. :?