More!

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

More!

Post by KODIAK »

As Steel probably noticed last night whilst accessing the 6 MapPack mod we tried out; at Ghostrecon.net (where I keep an eye out for any latest news or mods for G-R), there are a few other things of interest too - the Boom Missions Pack and WeaponsOfWar v2 mod.
Boom Mission pack is NOW available - An AT oriented mission set which I have already d/l'd and will play around with to provide some feedback.
WOWv2 which is expected in Jan sometime, but from what has been written it could be a "biggy".
Further to all of this I noticed an interesting forum topic which may appeal to those of us who like the idea of ultimate realism within the mod. Ala AA with the weapon views and positions for firing, see if this link works:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/cgi-bin/ib302 ... t=706&st=0
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

If it is just the weapon in the view - that does not matter to me. I want iron sights...

I think the next thing to try will be the Royal Marines pack... Kodiak, were you able to get it yet?
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Still in d/l mode at the moment, Steel. But should be done in around two hours at a guess! Ready for any action this evening without a doubt. :wink:
As for the iron sights thing; I know exactly where you are coming from with that - but my view on that is like this: almost ALL infantry in British Army and I would guess most armed forces now carry an image enhancing (done with lens blooming not active enhancement!) x3 or x4 multiplying sight on their weapons, complete with "glow indicators" for the rear and foresight points using something like trilux for night firing. Not to mention that we are supposed to be a special forces contingent which would have access to most anything on the market we care to play with as individuals, even though there is a basic stock set of kit most every SAS sabre team member (definitely NOT gay!) carrieds his OWN personal weapon of choice as long as it fires standard ammunition NATO 7.62, 5.56 and 9mm.
So the iron sights although it would level the playing field in several ways, rewarding the careful patrolling style of play, and those who used their eyesight more instead of just rushing in, would have the advantage - I personally DO like it that way because it instills an element of realism - but the use of x3, x4 multiplier sights is quite normal.
What we should do is practise patrolling methods more, as a section (sabre team) - give everyone postions and stick to them, a section commander, a 2i/c section to control Bravo team (& the support group) in a fire-fight, a point man who patrols slightly further ahead acting as scout, a tail-end charlie for rear cover, alternate directions of cover responsibility for each team member (a gay label :wink: ) as we patrol - alternate sides of path and street and valley for each, target indication whilst under fire etc., etc., - it would be alien to most initially, but there is potential structure for it within the team already, and everyone has indicated good sense of patrolling technique in their own style of going about their business! might be worth trying to instill that final element of discipline into our play - why don't we put it to everyone as a suggestion, the only problem I can foresee(doubtful though) is someone may get upset cos for a patrol they become tail-end charlie, or point-man. The advantages this style of play would afford us - especially against other teams would be enormous.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Well, we can see if patrolling methods get us anywhere in a game... Let's give it a shot. I know one thing, it will not help playing against other teams, unless we find a like minded squad...

Maybe we should just have weapons with scopes and sights like Raptor has on his Airsoft M4... Maybe we can even come up with a custom reticle that simulates it... Problem is, in CQB and close range, scopes are useless...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well I don't know about that - but I am fairly sure we don't need that v2.0 patch. Isn't that for the upgrade to version 2.0? Must check that...have d/l'd it anyway just incase.