Another New Mod!

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

Another New Mod!

Post by KODIAK »

As advertised on FilePlanet - SAS v1.0 is now available for download, it's only 24MB so there seems to be little chance of it including missions. Anyway I am currently downloading and will get back to everyone on this thread with some feedback.
Maybe if it has no missions we could bastardise the BRM mod to use the skins and weapons of SASv1.0. Or we could get that 6MapPack mod that we were messing with, and use the missions from thast and some of the maps lend themselves to SAS style raids and other type missions.

Oh I nearly forgot - here's the d/l link from the guys who made it - seem like a nice bunch of guys:

http://www.the22ndsas.com/
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

actually Kodiak, it is missions that take up VERY little disk space... the other stuff take up all the space - skins, maps, 3d objects, etc.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Okay Steel thanx, and well anyway there is only one mission by what I can see. having said that - weapons are quite nice; the Diemaco C7, C8, FN 57 support. I am not too sure of the AI sniper rifle but it's not that bad I guess. And the mission; well I playieed in recxruit mode to give me a chance to get around the map and try different things - it's rock! You better be playing this one like a soldier, cos running around like rambo will just get you killed. Another tip - do NOT peer over the edge of drops to get a sneak at the enemy, always round the side or lob a grenade off - otherwise you'll just become a headshot victim! :wink:
My only bitching point is the fact that all team members are wearing standard issue kevlar helmets - something that The Regiment do not do, except when HALO jumping they wear a jump helmet. It something small I know, but that little extra piece of research would have given them the info and they could have added that element of authenticity to their mod - otherwise I think this is a mod which could expand given the right treatment. :D
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

for now, especially since Hades is able to participate with us, I think we will be sticking with Band of Brothers until we finish those missions... Hades only had DS, so any mods based upon IT are not going to work for us right now.

AND, no WONDER your freakin' GR folder was 2.9 GB!!!! ;) Just ANOTHER weapons/skins mod... What are we going to do with you K??? :D

Hmmmm....I wonder if we can get you to learn Igor and create some missions instead of spending all this time exploring all of these mods??? Tell you what, I'll even pay you a nickel for each one you create!!! Hehe... :) I think you would be pretty damn good at it too K...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Steel, as I have said to Gator (he seems quite pre-occupied at the mo, heh?) - you guys teach me and I will quite happily do my best to sort out a few bits n pieces for everyone.
The Medics Down mission in the SAS v1.0 mod is very impressive; I played it on recruit level and the enemy were both very reactive and well positioned for good field of view over their respective areas of responsibility.
Now I guess I better get the BOB mod installed - just as well i have it downloaded already! :wink:

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Right then I have been over to the forum to check up on any feedback i may have got from Pyro & Co. about the SAS mod. He said all I had to do to access the extra uniforms and weapons was to enter the selection screen, exit and enter again!
Just going to give it a check now.