to start your BF2 PRMM coop client

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

to start your BF2 PRMM coop client

Post by Hammer »

for our server, please try this:

http://realitymod.com/forum/t13096-rlga ... lable.html

this allows your stats to be viewed through bfhq while the game is up and running.... i am not sure of all the details, i will post some question in that thread...
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

that vbs file crashes the windows script host when it tries to open the hosts file for writing. I'll try to see what needs to be in the hosts file and add it manually to see if I get it working.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

thx Gator. do you getan error message? i would like to post it to that thread - unless you want to register and post it.
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

based on my reading of the script, I need to add a line to my hosts file that looks like:
207.158.47.183 <tab> rlg12.rlgaming.com <tab><tab> # BF2 Statistics Redirect
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

hmm.that lins should actually read:

BF2web.gamespy.com

instead of rlg12.rlgaming.com for the redirect to work properly. i actually suggest puting this in your hosts file instead of running this script:

207.158.47.183 BF2web.gamespy.com # BF2 Statistics Redirect

then just play the game normally. BUT you would have to remove that line before running BF2 vanilla to get your stats into the bf2 official system.

and, i found out all this is just to have your stats show up in bfhq when you are in the game itself. i don't care about that, so will just look at them after i play on the web page.
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

ah ... then my vbs skills are weaker than I thought!
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

you may have just missed it when it is set at the top of the script...

but overall, i do not think the script is worth messing with as long as we can view the stats via web anyway...and i am not all that hot about stats - it is just fun to play. wish we could get several of us on at one time. it is seriously cool...
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

I played for a bit today with Nemisis, we had a pretty good time. The map we played was a rough one, it had a bridge between sides, bridge was blown out, and could not get vehicles across to the other side. We had to either swim, take a boat, or attempt to cross the walkway of death. (Pedestrian walkway that ran underneath the bridge section that was destroyed). The enemy AI bottlenecked on the end of the bridge, creating a terrible killzone that was damned near impossible to cross. I managed to find an M1 Tank and brought it up to the gap in the brigde section and used it as our stopgap/firepower against the enemy killzone. Took some thinking on this one, but we ended up winning the map.

I really like the map with the POW camp in the middle, that's a very fun map to play. I think there might be something wrong with some of the Good Conduct medal awards system. On a few maps, I would kill like 10-15 guys in a row and I would get a Good Conduct Medal/ribbon message over and over and over, repeating for about the same amount of kills. It also says that you need a certain number of hours to get those awards, and I have nowhere near that. One of the awards required 250+ hours, and I have just over 8 hours of game time, so yea. *shrug* I do like the medals and awards, it gives you an idea of how good or bad you are doing.

I will say this, I am finding myself taking more time to ID targets, as to avoid a TK situation. I did get a couple of TKs today, but only because the dumb ass AI jumped out of the tank we were in. I decided to take control of the driver position, unaware that they had jumped out of the tank, I ended up running them over. Oops.
Last edited by Softball on 28 Dec 2006, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes - Mac removed the time limits on the medals/awards. he will tweak the system, or maybe not... i might fix it up back to what it should be - but more likely is i will get it working with ABR - bf2s.com.
Helmut