Rainbow Six Vegas (PC Version)

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Rainbow Six Vegas (PC Version)

Post by PanzerMeyer »

My copy of Vegas came in today and I installed it and I've played about 2 hours of it so far. I'm really impressed with the game and it's a huge improvement over Lockdown. I look forward to trying out the Cooperative missions soon with other WOF members.

I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I have never played Rainbow 6 games. How are they compared to the original ghost recon as per play (yes i know graphics are better lol)
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

VEGETA wrote:I have never played Rainbow 6 games. How are they compared to the original ghost recon as per play (yes i know graphics are better lol)

The gamplay between the Rainbow Six games and the original Ghost Recon is essentially the same. You can issue commands, you can take control of each guy at whatever time you want and you have a tactical map. The biggest differences really lay in the type of equipment and weapons you can use and the type of terrain you fight in.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

how many people coop?

how does it compare to graw?
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:how many people coop?

how does it compare to graw?
I'll have to get back to you and check out the manual tonight and see how many players are supported in Coop mode.

As for how it compares to GRAW, I'd say the weapons modelling is about the same and the graphics are just as good. If you play Vegas on "realistic" difficulty its just as challenging as GRAW.
Gator

Post by Gator »

I won't have SM3 and RSV until 1Feb. But, I'll play it with you then.

IIRC: Story Coop Mode is 4 player. Not sure about Tango Hunt -- that might be more.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

dam you, arg dam you, I may have to pick this one up to check it out. Especially since I am ordering a 22" wide screen LCD monitor today. See new game on new monitor.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

VEGETA wrote:dam you, arg dam you, I may have to pick this one up to check it out. Especially since I am ordering a 22" wide screen LCD monitor today. See new game on new monitor.
Which video card do you currently have? Make sure it supports Shader Model 3 before you buy the game.
Gator

Post by Gator »

i read that RSV doesn't support widescreen ... if I had known, i might not have bought. I've violated my two newest rules on software purchases:

1) Don't buy physical media
2) Don't by games that don't support widescreen
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Here's a pretty good hardware and performance analysis of the game and it does indeed mention that widescreen is not supported.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2895&p=2
Softball

Post by Softball »

If I run it at 1600x1200 it should still look good. There are a few games that I have which don't support WS resolutions (BF2 is one) and I run them at 1600x1200. Still looks good to me.

BTW, I got my copy of R6:Vegas PCDVD today, I will be installing it later tonight. :)

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

ok well my video card is a x800 ati for my main pc, and my laptop has a nvidia 7600 mobile , both with 256 mb ram. So they should bot at least be able to be ok with this game. Well the laptop need the ram (512 now) which well put it to 2 gigs. The ram is being ordered today actuality.

I want to know how the online co op is, as if its good I may pick the game up. I am a online player, and if you guys think it whoops GRAW then I well probably pick it up.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

VEGETA wrote:ok well my video card is a x800 ati for my main pc, and my laptop has a nvidia 7600 mobile , .
The X800 will not run Vegas but the 7600 mobile MAY be able to run it. Check this:

* Supported Video Cards at Time of Release

ATI RADEON X1600/X1800/X1900

NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT/6800/7300/7600/7800/7900

Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Veg,
i am pretty sure X800 only supports SM2.0. i think the x1000 was the first ati that supported sm3.0.

if the laptop has the go 7600, you should be o.k. with sm3.0.
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

so let me guess I HAVe to have the sm3 to play. or is it more i have to ahve sm3 to have a relay good picture. As if the graphics an't great, eh whatever lol
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

VEGETA wrote:so let me guess I HAVe to have the sm3 to play. or is it more i have to ahve sm3 to have a relay good picture. As if the graphics an't great, eh whatever lol
It's the former. If your video card does not support SM 3, the game will NOT run at all.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

o i realy hate crap like that. a x800 an't that old but i have to replace it to play. thats a crock
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I believe SM3 support is REQUIRED, not recommended.

I've heard rumors of a patch to allow SM2, but nothing concrete.
The Jedi Master
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

smple, thye don't want to make it is a little backwards compatable, then I don't buy the game. I can see a 2 or 3 year old card, but um my card an't that old. So at that point they don't get my cash EVER. And loking up info, seen a lot of people saying the same thing. there reletivaly new card can't run it, well then nuts to the game.
Gator

Post by Gator »

x800 is 2-3 years old