FEAR Combat

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

FEAR Combat

Post by Hammer »

anyone have FEAR? how is it? I am betting FEAR combat is MP team vs team only - no AI for coop?

in case folks are wondering, FEAR Combat is free...
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I have both FEAR and the Extraction Point add-on and they both have great story-driven single-player games. I've never bothered with the multiplayer since I'm just not interested in the whole adversarial/death match thing. Too bad it doesn't have Cooperative mode, that would have been nice. So yes, you are correct in guessing that Fear Combat does not have a Cooperative mode with AI bots.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

would it be o.k. within our group? head to head???
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

i have the original - not the expansion. looks and sounds awesome. would play it within our group if others were, but probably not against the greater public.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

It's standard DM and TDM, I don't recall if there's CTF or not.
There's the addition of Slow-mo to each mode for added excitement, but that's it. No bots, no coop.
I'd say the only way to know for certain is to DL it and load it up and just try it offline (just you on the map). It will give you a feel for how the game moves and the weapons work. There are a few real guns (the pistol, the shotgun, the SMG, and the G2 rifle) and the rest are made up.
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:would it be o.k. within our group? head to head???
I'd be fine with that.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Falker

Post by Falker »

I’ve played F.E.A.R online and it’s okay. There’s a couple hot shots playing the game but most of the guys are running around shooting each other wildly. They have a type of CTF there where you’ll need to hold a Flag position without being killed thus letting your enemy capture that position. Once all 5 positions are captured the game ends. They might have a CTF too but I haven’t dropped too many times to take notice. I found it best to hide in a corner and wait for them to pass by. Usually rack up allot of kills that way. I believe there is still a free multiplayer for it on the net and if anyone here doesn’t have it you might want to try it out.

I just finished F.E.A.R-E.P. Lots of gore thrills and chills in a shorter campaign. The AI is more talkative and swears allot more I think. I haven’t went online with it yet , I was just kind of wondering what to do next. Thought I’d try something else like Supreme Commander perhaps if I can get that crack to work heh :wink: I’ll keep an eye out for a drop time if you guys are going to play once a week or whatever.
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Falker

Post by Falker »

Forgot to mention that you’ll need to grab the latest patch in order to hook up with most of the servers but that goes with out saying. Fyi GamersHell has the latest Patches
and the free multiplayerwith 22 maps.
We're in the pipe , five by five.