Crysis

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker

Crysis

Post by Falker »

Crysis

January 26, 2007 - Crysis is obviously one of the biggest games on the PC radar this year. It's not hard to see why. From what's been shown of the game so far, and the DX10 video we just put up, the game looks gorgeous. From lush tropical environments to frozen waste, soldiers in fatigues to outlandish, monolithic monstrosities, the environments and enemy designs in Crysis are strikingly realistic and instantly appealing.

It looks like you will need MS Vista in order to see the rich details that DX 10 has to offer.

Explanation:
Some news for PC gaming fans with word that Direct X 10 will only work for the next release of Microsoft's operating system, Vista. It had previously been rumored in the darkest corners of this vast Inter-web that graphics card manufacturers wanted to put off Direct X 10 in order to give gamers the best possible graphics. Now we know it's true. Apparently, the main reason why you won't be able to use Direct X 10 , is because Windows XP's driver model doesn't mesh with the presence of more independent objects.

IGN Discussion:
IGN:
How much of a difference is there really going to be between the DX9 and DX10 versions of Crysis?

Cevat Yerli: The difference is in the density of simulation, the quality of lighting & shading. Some of the visual features are DX10 only. Performance is improved and finally we are evaluating features that would do DX10 real justice in multiplayer gaming, with the goal to finally make a massive leap there.

IGN: Is there any concern about early mishaps with Vista that might put people off DX10 for a while?

Cevat Yerli: We are not concerned at this stage.

IGN: How far until we see Crysis hit gold?

Cevat Yerli: We are still assessing the definitive date, but you can expect to hear more from us on this subject not too long from now.

End

It’s too bad you wont be able to play the game and see all it has to offer without getting MS Vista , but I’m sure more of the same graphically enhanced games using DX 10 are on the way and will follow this one shortly. That just give you one more reason to go out and buy it!

Here’s a Photo for all you Air Force Jocks. PDT_Armataz_01_01

IGN Link
We're in the pipe , five by five.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Because its Vista, that game will not be on my machine any time soon. Until M$ fixes the large amount of issues about to hit us, I an't going near that OS. Sucks as it loks like a good game. But also how many video cards don't support directx 10. In the end this game will not do as will as it could do at launch as how many are going to upgrade hardware and software because of it.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I wont be getting Vista for a while either. That's ok though since I'm sure Crysis will have dropped in price by the time I'm ready to buy it. It will also have been patched several times as well. PDT_Armataz_01_01

But the game does look very nice and I DO plan on eventually getting it.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

According to them, you WILL be able to play Crysis in DX9 on XP. So, I'll get it, enjoy it there, then when I get Vista replay it in DX10 and OOOH and AAAH over that. :)
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

if you can even tell the difference... ;)
Helmut
Falker

Post by Falker »

tic toc tic toc
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

well also note people ahve already made DirectX 10 work on windows XP. they made a translator program basically. so the idea that direct X 10 will nt work on XP is completely blown out of the water. Its just a marketing ploy to get people to move to the hog called vista. A translator program takes extra resources but O well vista is a complete remorse hog.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Falker wrote:tic toc tic toc
Should I just call you "Hannibal" now?
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Falker

Post by Falker »

That’s ok, according to the article and also Jedi has mentioned it , you wont really need dx-10 to play this game. Of course , if you just went out and paid boco bucks on a new computer system and want to see it’s full potential… then you’ll need dx-10 to see all the bell’s and whistles this game has to offer.

And can somebody PLAESE place an html timer in here so we can watch it count down. I feel like I’m Sean Connery in the movie Outland , waiting for the next shipment to get in.

Hey I wonder if that’s possible…
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

"then you’ll need dx-10 to see all the bell’s and whistles this game has to offer. "
lke i said before - i doubt you will SEE it yourself. all that talk of new stuff and i do not think you will acually see any difference...
Helmut