VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

System requirements

Minimum

* Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista
* 1.8 GHz processor
* 512 MB RAM
* 8GB available hard drive space
* 128MB video RAM or greater, with DirectX 9 Vertex Shader/Pixel Shader 2.0 support
* Sound card, speakers or headphones
* 56.6 Kbps Internet connection required

Recommended

* 3.0 GHz Intel or equivalent AMD processor or better
* 1GB RAM or better
* 8GB available hard drive space
* 256 MB Video RAM, with DirectX 9 Vertex Shader/Pixel Shader 2.0 support (Nvidia 6800 or better)
* Internet connection with Cable/DSL speeds [1]

Supreme Commander is designed to take advantage of the special features in Windows Vista and DirectX 10. All capabilities of the game, including the dual-monitor support, are still supported in the DirectX 9 version, although the DirectX 10 version might have improved graphical features.[2]

I like the fact it supports direct x 9 and will beable to use direct x 10 as well and its using Pixel Shader 2.0. I wish they had done it so it could use 3.0 as well but it means I can get the game. Info taken form wiki page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Commander

Now I RELAY RELAY hope this game has the same amount of navey as the last one. I use to love doing massive maps which BIG islands. Build a massive navy and air deferences, and just whoop the AI. Also make units that could move under the water, there where some including the command himself that could walk on the bottom. Let the navy whoop on the AI until the land units arrive to polish up.

Now guys REPORT how is the game so far, info details da da da
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

O just for the fun of it, here is a fun video, intro to total animation. I use to love this video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... tion+intro

ther eis a video on the supreme commander site but I can't link directaly to it becuse the site is just pure flash which is just annoying me.

http://www.supremecommander.com/
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

looks like it does have navy for you Veg...

i played a bit, could not take any more. i just can not get into most of these rts games. oh well. seems good for one though.
Helmut
Falker

Post by Falker »

I’m not impressed with the game play. They should have put a pan-around camera on it instead of a zoom in or out option. If fact the game lacks allot of options that doesn’t make it as interesting as TA.

The camera doesn’t zoom in as far as I would like it to unless your tracking an aircraft. Then it looses track of it. By the time I found my bomber again it was already shot down. It wasn’t under fire for more than a micro second before poff… where did it go? Even the wreckage debris was already gone.

The basic unattractive options window at the bottom takes up too much of the screen.
Building objects is too quick , and I dunno know why the graphics are really cheesy looking on my computer for something that looks so simple. That’s a nice Web Site tho! I’ll wait and see if the original game has anything better to offer after they patched it up a bit.
Last edited by Falker on 07 Feb 2007, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
We're in the pipe , five by five.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Falker, man that sucks to hear this, I was interested in this game but sounds like it may not be all its cracked up to be. I well have to try the demo out before I buy. Something I REARLEY do
Softball

Post by Softball »

I DLed the demo but did not have time to play it. I'm swamped with homework and studying for tests. Argh!!

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Falker

Post by Falker »

I just played it for about 2 more hours trying to get a feel for it. It starts to grow on you after awhile , kind of like a TA Expansion pack but not as good. There is a cheesy pan around camera by pushing the Delete button , but still , I’d rather swing the camera with my mouse. Building a level 2 or 3 buildings takes a long time in comparison to when you first start out. As well as building a shipyard.

Only reason I kept playing it was because the AI was making me mad. It would sneak around and attack me from behind to blow up my shipyard , Damn It! Then send in one large bot at a time to destroy all my smaller bots from a distance. By the time I found out what was gong on most of them were destroyed. Then just when I was starting to get things set up nicely , in walks the Flaming Potato bug and shreds my whole base , blows up my commander and ends the game.

Eh , I’m not going to mess around with this one for too long. Not until I hear good things about it anyway , like Supreme Commander On Sale Now! -- Only $19.95 -- All patched and works great. PDT_Armataz_01_24

Some of These Guys are cracking me up about the Hudge Hud and other things like the graphics. Then again some who have a top notch computer have said good things about it. Well if it’s a bit slow or choppy on your current computer while playing this relatively small map , chances are it’s really going to be a dog when you play it on much larger maps.
Softball

Post by Softball »

To pan the camera, hold down the Spacebar and move the mouse. When you release the Spacebar, the camera will pan back to it's original position. Not sure if this can be changed in the options. The one problem I have with the way you pan the camera, is that while the Spacebar is held down, the mouse cursor dissapears and you are unable to select any units or tell units to attack or move. I think this is done to make it more "strategic", it makes you think and react with the position you are given. We all know in RL you can't pan the camera around to see what's on the other side of the hill. ;)

EDIT: I found this on the SC Forums:
By opening the console with the ~ key and entering the command "cam_free". It's not as useful as it sounds, though. Mostly it's good for getting dramatic-looking views of battles.

I tested this code, it works. :)

I like the game so far, the textures (I have them set to HIGH)seem a little dated and and some what grainy. I'm on the 3rd or 4th mission in the demo, I have to rescue some guys to the East of my basecamp.

I'll still be getting SC when it's released. :)

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Gator

Post by Gator »

Falker,
What game are YOU playing. I thought this thread WAS about the Supreme Commander demo.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Falker

Post by Falker »

Right Gator, look up bro , that’s what I’m talking about.
Are you okay? PM me if you need to talk okay.

Thanks SB for the update. I still plan on getting this one too. Probably not when it first comes out as I said before , but more or less after I here good things about it. I’m always on the net looking for Good news.

<S>
Gator

Post by Gator »

Doh!
falker, I totally misread your last post above mine. Obviously. Don't take it too personal. ;) "my bad" -- as the kids say.

Please accept my apology.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Falker

Post by Falker »

Cool Bro :D

I wish I had good kids like that. :wink:
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Ships Ahoy - Supreme Commander

THQ Takes Strategic Battlefield to New Heights with Release of Supreme Commander is the press release announcing the U.S. release of Supreme Commander, the new futuristic RTS game from Chris Taylor (Total Annihilation) and Gas Powered Games:

AGOURA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--THQ Inc. (NASDAQ:THQI) today announced that critically acclaimed Real-Time Strategy (RTS) game Supreme Commander has shipped for Windows PC. Developed by veteran RTS designer Chris Taylor and Gas Powered Games, Supreme Commander redefines strategic scope and scale with a full Theatre Of War zoom function, giving gamers command over hundreds of land, sea and air units on massive battlefields. Hailed as “a truly epic strategy gameâ€
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I may just go buy this game tonight and try it out.

and note
Shader/Pixel Shader 2.0 support

WOOOO so I can play it
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Update, looks like it ships today but you well not be able to get it till earlest tomorrow.