Supreme Commander Clan

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Gator

Supreme Commander Clan

Post by Gator »

I went ahead and created a "clan" for us on the GPGNet -- "Real Life Gaming" ... It gives a private chat channel on their browser and should make it easier hosting games.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I am member #2 PDT_Armataz_01_12
Gator

Post by Gator »

You can call up the replays for our games yesterday if you want. In the GPGNet interface, there's a replay viewer, search on RLG and Gator. You should be able to call them back up and view them.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

ok thats a feature I have to go to see. Could be interesting
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

nice... do you all like the game that much? anyone have both warhammer 40K and this? comparo?
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

Did you play the demo? It's just like the demo.

I like it more than W40K. I tend to like the more strategic/slower games.

supcom is more paced, management, and strategy and W40K is more frantic tactics.
Falker

Post by Falker »

Well my Demo sucked high tit in comparison to what the original game looks like. Better graphics , faster game play. None of that slid show stuff Veg was talking about lol. But as I said before , there are a few bad demos out there.
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well, if it is just like the demo it is not for me... i did not have any issues running it, just not for me.
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

W40K is a faster paced game, if you are looking for a quick RTS fix, then W40k is great. However, Veg and I have a 2+ hour mission the other night, man that was fun.

I got my copy of SC today, got it installed and now have to get my bearings. I should be ready for some MP action by this weekend, maybe sooner.

BTW, how do I join the Clan? I don't see anywhere that allows me to search for or join the clan. My user name is "Staark". Thx

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Gator

Post by Gator »

we can do it sometime when I'm online ... I click on your name in the chat window and invite you. That's it. I don't know the "right" way to ask to join a clan, though there must be.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Ok Well with Supreme commander, there is a LOT more units, and its more then just land, add in sea and air. It also makes maps in WH40k look small. WH40k you can get in a RTS game in 30 min, tho some games last as long as 2 hr's. With SC shortest game on a 5x5 km map (smallest map) still took min 1 1/2 hr's. On some of the big mapes lake 80x80 km, I see this game taking 8 hr's even.

SC is meant for BIG massive multi player games that last many hours. Dawn of War is more of a quick game wiht limited amount of units. Thats right you can only build so many units, turrets and such. supreme commander you can set caps but caps usually 500 mark or more. The battle Gator and myself did I brought about 200 units to bear on the enemy.

I relay like both games, would be hard pressed to put one above the other. I relay don't think you can compare them besides the fact they are RTS games, they are very diffrewnt form one another. WH40k is even very diffrent form any other RTS game I have ever picked up, game play is just compleatelay diffrent. Red alert and such are more towards the SC side of thigns. I think I will end up playing a bit of both. Tho I know I need a faster pc for the SC as dam 200 units boged me down. tho last night single player it was not as bad, multi player man I lagged to a slide show.

Also I believe I am ranked high enough to add you as well int he clan thing.
Gator

Post by Gator »

VEGETA wrote:Also I believe I am ranked high enough to add you as well int he clan thing.
I think that's true - whoever's online can probably do it.
Softball

Post by Softball »

I watched all of the tutorial videos for SC. I wish it was as IN GAME interactive tutorial though, I learn more by doing rather than watching. I played around a bit with the beginning map, didn't really know what I was supposed to do. I definately need to bone up on how everything works.

I also played the C&C3 demo last night, very impressive. This just might be the year of the RTS games. I love the ATD (Attention to Detail) with the units and buildings. As Borat would say, very niiiice.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

C&C Generals is what made me upgrade to my current pc 4 years ago. Knowing my luck C&C 3 will be the straw that breaks the camels back and forces me into another upgrade even tho I can;'t afford it yet.