Playback of last nigths ODD game

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Playback of last nigths ODD game

Post by VEGETA »

Gator, Softball and myself took on the AI 2 times last night. The first time around hell the AI even made nukes and was attacking Gator's base and shiping out things. tho I think we where going to win, but Gator crashed out because of xfire. So we decided to so another game

this one we picked a map, and went in. then Gator says he is leaving the pc up but he has to leave, so its just me and Softball. We where expecting to be attacked, and soon so we both made defenses, tho um as Softball can tell you, I went a bit overboard. I made a massive ring of level 1 and 2 AA and level 1 and 2 point defense guns. Just about anything that came close to me just dies. I even made 2 big artelery guns to hit the enemy far out. It got to the point almost all waves of attacks where hitting softball allowing me to build up while he defended. Think the AI was scared of my ring.

but then the AI sent a mobile factory my way, which is a battleship on tracks. It made a big hole in my deferences and took out almost all of my level 2 tank force before it retreated when I finely got its shields down. I thought he was going to rape my worse then he did. The thing could have pushed and cooked me. So I rebuilt and took on a few waives and helped take ut the AI's guns and small base in the center in the map. Softball ended up getting hit with several mobile factories, but I was able to rush over enough to help fend them off and we got to killed before they did to much damage.

By this point the AI gave up on me as my defenses where great and hell my level 3 artillery peace was even hitting his base. He did have shields but it still managed to do some damage. but now the game got interesting, Softballs wife said he has to do thing (that a whip sound ?? ) so he had to leave. So its me agaisn the AI. My only saving grave is I had 1 level 4 unit on the go and lots of level 2 and 3 stough. So started to hit everything that was away from the AI';s base. He sent 1 more mobile factory but I had enough to wipe it out but still took things out of mine. He started hitting me with interceptors to take out my level 4 unit (had 2 now). I had mobile AA and some air superiority fighters so was able to live through that.

I had set ALL engeneres to making the big level 4 gun ships and had gotten up to 3 now and a 4th almost done. Way points for tanks was outside the enemy base. I grab ALL units and commanded them to hit the base. If I could not take him down with what I had now he would most likely build up and make it a LONG game or kill me outright. His base was a mass of fire, shields and even 3 mobile factories. He was building 3 more at this point as well. Once the attack it was insane. He had mass weapons and everything. I managed to build and get 2 more gunships (level 4) down tot he fight as it took so long to whipe the guy out. He had takes out the majority of my group and air units. By the end he had taken out 1 mobile gun ship and 3 others where almost dead. If he had one more battery of AA, he could have taken them down and I would have had to fight on.

fienlay managed to kill everything in the end, but WOW fun game especially hen I ended up on my own as I expected to die. I was suprised at how many mobile factories he had built. If I let him continue another 5 min before attacking he would have even 2 more and would have had enough to whip me out completely. It was relay close fight at his base.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Nice job man. Sorry I had to bail, I had been promising the wife all day that I would go with her to the gym. We were supposed to go at 7:30pm PST, but as you know, the fight went on until almost 9pm.

So I take it by your post that you won the match? If so, good job man, the AI was well fortified when I left.

After the gym, I played another match 1 vs 1 on Normal(Easy) UEF vs UEF. It was almost too easy to beat the AI, but at least it gave me a chance to test out some building strategies and learn what units do what. My biggest problem all game was getting Mass generated and stored. It seemed like I was always in the negative in Mass. I thought I was doing everything right (I put mass fabricators next to MEXs, with Power generators nearby to power them). I have to work on that a little more I guess.

I got to build a Navy for the first time (I played a water map), and submarines are the sh*t! I had 5 submarines outside my Naval base and he could not get past the subs all game. I built about (8) missile cruisers and started bombarding his base from the water. I then sent in a suicide Strategic bomber squad to hit the center of his base, he lost almost all of his power generation capability. All he had left was about 8 Land Factories and MEXs. I finally was able to build a Nuke launcher (It took about 15 minutes to build the launcher with 10+ Engineers and the Commander + 2 helper bots. Launching the nuke was really cool to watch. If you zoom out the map, you see the solar system and the outside of the planet you are on. I watched the missile leave the atmosphere and circle the planet, and slam into the remaining buildings in the AIs base. Game over.

BTW, if you send a large squad of Gunships and bombers to kill the AI Commander, you will lose them in the Nuclear explosion that occurs from the Commander exploding. Doh! Although the nukes look great in SC, I still think the C&C Generals nuclear explosion is the best looking.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Gator

Post by Gator »

FWIW - when I woke up this morning, my server was still up ... second game was stable.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I now need to figure out how I can dual monitor the game , laptop monitor and the desk top monitor since the laptop is smoking this game. I wonder how well the laptop with the ram upgrade can play all other games I am into now. I may end up using the laptop for more gaming then I am now
Softball

Post by Softball »

When the server crashed in the first game, there was a lot of units on the map. Not sure if that was a contributing factor, but I have had Xfire crash other games on me as well. Kind of strange that Xfire would crash the game.

Gator

Post by Gator »

well, we were using it for voice comms too ... and that was also hosted on my machine.
Softball

Post by Softball »

So why does Ventrilo not work with SC? Does SC have some kind of VOIP built in? Maybe we can use Teamspeak when we play SC? I can setup a TS server on my other PC, or maybe Steel can set one up and we can test it?

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I had ventrilo going on my laptop and xfire and the game and all seamed to work fine for me. So not sure why your ventrilo would not work while in game. Tho I do need to test the Ventrilo out more while in game to make sure as I was not talking to anyone while gaming.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

did someone say Ventrilo des not work with SC?

i have been considering a teamspesk server as well...
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Well needs further testing. BUT Gater can't play SC and use vent at the same time. I needs to be tested more
Gator

Post by Gator »

it worked the first time I played but it hasn't worked since. I keep tweaking the settings in vent ... not sure which codec or mixer settings ... will have to compare with someone the next time I'm on.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

tried tonight was playing a game and talking to people on vent. Now that ws not a network game