Is anyone playing BF2142...

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

daofcmacg

Is anyone playing BF2142...

Post by daofcmacg »

and is it strictly only play with no real mission structure???

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Softball

Post by Softball »

I think most of us decided not to play BF2142 because of the monitoring software that gets installed on your computer, and thus puts ads into the game based on what web sites or products you browse on the web. Ie, spyware. No thanks.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

OK then its a done deal, I won't get this game.

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Well it is also just BF2 with new units and such. but its basiclay the same game from what I can tell. Brother has it and liked it but again he said same thing, its BF2 with new toys.

Now a good few of us do have BF2 so if you want a game get this one. Especially if Steel gets the server up again and we get a bunch of guys in.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I never had any plans on getting it. I have too many other games on my plate right now.

As for EA, they can bite me.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

why u say EA can bite you ???? whats the issue lol
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

VEGETA wrote:why u say EA can bite you ???? whats the issue lol
I dont like their business practices and they totally scuttled their flight sim games a few years ago.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I am not there biggest fan trust me on that. but they do release a LOt of games and some do hit on things I do enjoy.

Now if u want bad, you should look into how they treat there programmers. I remmeber a open letter sent to EA, the guys wife was asking EA to let her husband work less so she could see him. He was working something like 70+ hr a week. But programmers there are slave labor basiclay, would enver work there and also explains why there games usually have issues until a few patch releases.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Well, I even offered to buy BF2 for those that didn't have it, in hopes that we could all play it together. I received no replies (Except from Grifter), so I guess BF2 is out. Don't bother getting BF2 DA.

I am going to focus on ArmA and just wait until everyone gets their copy so we can play MP COOP. Jedi and I played ArmA Friday night, it went pretty well, except he was having some Ventrilo game crashing issue. We switched to the Xfire voice chat and all was well again.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Om thayts 2 diffrent nre games that ventrilo did not like. Now one was on a vista machine so eh whatever. Same game worked fine for me in vintrilo.

Part of the issue is most lieklay our version of ventrilo is rather old, tho I know we don't want to pay for the new version as thats just a rip
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Softball wrote:

I am going to focus on ArmA and just wait until everyone gets their copy so we can play MP COOP. Jedi and I played ArmA Friday night, it went pretty well, except he was having some Ventrilo game crashing issue. We switched to the Xfire voice chat and all was well again.
I'm more than ready to play ArmA this week with you guys. I'll also be able to make it this Friday.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

That's right, I forgot we have an old Ventrilo version.
The Jedi Master
Gator

Post by Gator »

The last time i tried, vent was working with SupCom. I changed about a thousand settings and it worked. Not sure why. Didn't have ventrilo trouble with Arma, myself.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I didn't have it until I was using 3rd party vid drivers. I've played ArmA with Vent with Panzer before and it worked fine, but that day I'd switched drivers. I've since switched back. It sucks, though, as I was definitely getting better performance with the 3rd party than stock for ArmA.
The Jedi Master