GRAW 2 for PC? Opinions?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

GRAW 2 for PC? Opinions?

Post by Softball »

So, those of you that have the PC verison of GRAW2, what is your assesement? It is on sale at GoGamer.com for $29.90, and I was wondering if it was worth getting at that price? 9 hours left to buy at that price, please advise.

http://www.gogamer.com/Tom-Clancy-s-Gho ... ewprod.htm

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

dunno.....I am waiting to see if there will be support for the game to will Ubi force Grin to abandon it. Check gr.net for a better feel for what it has.....all I see is more team adversarial thean OGR type COOP
Gator

Post by Gator »

I stay away from there since GRAW1. They are way too hysterical. I'd rather hear from Jedi and Panzer -- I respect their opinions way more than the rabble on that place.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Softball

Post by Softball »

After reading this: http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.p ... ost2273549

Even with the low price, I think I'm gonna pass on the PC version for now. Sounds like it needs fixing, what a surprise.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

not for me...
Helmut
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I didn't see this earlier.
Anyway, I have it. Haven't done any MP yet, but the SP is good. The story is much nicer than GRAW1...you can almost follow it!
I've not had too much trouble with losing friendlies and I'm not running into so many BS situations as I did in GRAW1. Instead of 1 shot out of 50 being a 1-shot kill, I'd say more than half are. It also seems like I take fewer hits before going down. The enemy precision with their shots seems less deadly, as I've survived ambushes/surprises that would've killed me in GRAW1...although I've still died plenty of times from stumbling onto a fixed MG hidden in rubble. :)

Also looks like the campaign coop has been altered so the host can respawn if they die. I guess too many people had hosts shutting down the server if they died? I haven't tried it yet so I don't really know what other changes have been made. I'm waiting for Panzer or someone else to get it so I can try it.
The Jedi Master
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

got this now...Lancer has been playing the MP and recommends it, and i've done the first act so far...will let you know how i progress.
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

The MP is great fun, when we get around the bugs. All was fine when Gator or SB hosts, but the rest of us have one issue or another hosting.
The Jedi Master