Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

Post by VEGETA »

got my copy today. Looks sweet, some nice new units, really worth it. so who else is getting it as I want to play online now PDT_Armataz_01_12
Gator

Post by Gator »

probably sometime this week.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Softball

Post by Softball »

I will be getting it as SOON as the store near me has it. If they don't have it today, I will likely order it online and have it by next week.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

the new units so far seam sweet. I am happy. And i ahve not played the game yet just done the reeding lol. I love the fact that cybron have heavy gun ships level 3 now :D
I love my gunships.

I would play a round of it tonight except fraged up my windows when i removed linux from laptop yestorday. Boot sectors had to be brought up to windows normal and somthign went wrong doh. installing xp now
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Ok found somethings interesting out , you MUST have the original SC Cd key in the GPG NEt to lay all races. Apparently it don't need to be installed but you need cd key in GPG Net. so I wil figure out ho to do that as right now I only have expansions installed. If you don't have the cd key in GPGNet you can only play the new race online and not the others. But looks like you can remove the old SC and just install expansion as long as GPGNet has the old cd key in it. I will figure out how later.

Also found a good thread on unit comparisons

http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?t=22166

Another link with details about game
http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?t=16292
Softball

Post by Softball »

All you have to do is "Activate" the expansion pack. There is a button on the bottom left for the GPGNet screen. You click the button and it asks you for your Forged Alliance CD Key. Another thing I noticed, you have to have the FA CD in the drive to play SC with the expansion. I hope they change/fix that.

The new expansion makes the game MUCH tougher now. I am 0/3 vs the AI on EASY. "gulp" I was playing as the Seraphim (New race) in all three games. This is gonna be a learning experience for sure.

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

right now all I have installed is the expansion. I never installed the original game as hey hopping to play this. So now seams I have to add the cd key for the original game.

Also note original game not compatible with new one for online play. So tis a standalone with limitations unless you have the original cd key.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Yea, I saw that. As long as both players have at least the original SC, they can play.

If you don't have the original SC installed, do you still get the maps from SC? What about the maps we DLed? Especially that planet Earth one that was pretty cool.

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Origional SC and the expansion can't be used to play, they are not compatable.

As for downloaded maps, hell I don;t have any but betting the maps never changed. So betting you need them in the expansions folders. Basically we play SC or the expansion, and maps should be interchangable but have to test that out. I cna try tonight when i get home since all I have is expansion installed so there is no guessing. I will try getting the world map and see what happens.

they made it confusing where its its own game yet a expansion sort of thing.