Unreal Tournament 3 in stores today

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Unreal Tournament 3 in stores today

Post by VEGETA »

This is one I am getting as soon as I leave work. Hell getting the collectors edition s it has a art book and more importantly lots of instructions on mission creation. Anyone else getting this as I know you want to do some onslaught maps (now called warfare) and wipe some things out using those o so fun tanks and my personal favorite the very fast hover craft thats just amazing for running down the AI.

Here is the wiki link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_Tournament_3

And official website
http://www.unrealtournament3.com/
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'll be buying it too. We definitely need to play this online with the WOF group. I am anxious to frag your a$$. LOL
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

in ut2004 I was in the top 2% of players according to overall online stats. Very normal for me to even take top 5 of ALL players in onslaught in a given month. Use to love all the online stats for that game. But ya this is a game I was VERY good at, people hated me PDT_Armataz_01_12 so hey if you want to die. I need to break out gaming shirt for this one

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

tryed for a few min, MAN it LOOKS great and its SMOOTH. they did a LOT of tweekig s I am not bottom line graphics settigns and still smooth as all hell. It looks amazing

Also found out sudreal.org is back online. Thats the group I use to play with, great people, so maybe rangle you who buy it onto that server when it goes up.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

are there any 'realistic' modes of play? something that makes the weapons, although furtuistc, somewhat realistic? like carrying only one and a sidearm? etc?
Helmut
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

unlikely i would have thought...the whole premise behind the game is that it's total non-stop fragging...high octane action over a more measured and tense approach....regardless, until i find some form of gainful emplyment (read: something that will put some money in my pocket) i'm going to hold off buying this.
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

this game is not meant for realism, its meant for just lots of action in all honesty.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

VEGETA wrote:this game is not meant for realism, its meant for just lots of action in all honesty.
Yeah, lots of hot bot on bot action!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

god Panzer you beat me to it....I see my evil plan is working,,,,muhahaha!
Gator

Post by Gator »

well, if they haven't changed too much, I know how to write a mutator to remove health packs, etc or add in a new gun with new textures and ammo and damage properties. But, I don't know hot to make people play realistically.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I dont get it. If we want to play something realistic that involves a first person perspective and lots of weapons, we can just play Armed Assault, H&D 2 or Graw. Since when are the UT games supposed to be realistic in any way?
Gator

Post by Gator »

it's not a matter of "realism" as in real, contemporary current. It's realism as in tactically. Even in a futuristic setting, one can still play tactically/realistically.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I think the main things would be to lower movement speed, reduce/eliminate jumping, and alter weapons. Do that and you'd make a "realistic" SF shooter. Actually, Unreal 2 was kind of like that.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Gator has it exactly. you can still have a feel of relaism in a sci fi setting.
Helmut
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

battlefield 2142?

Gotta say i agree with Panzer....given there's alternatives out there, why tweak a UT game into something it simply isn't meant to be.
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
Gator

Post by Gator »

A UT game is meant to be tweaked. For me, that has always been the point. I bought the first UT for the Infiltration mod, I bought UT03/04 for similar reasons.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

same - i have purchased them because of the mods that get made. i have actually never played a ut game as it was released.

this one might be a cool sci fi shooter with some minor tweaks done to it...
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

is there no demo for the game? i was looking on their site and fileplanet and could not find one...
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:is there no demo for the game? i was looking on their site and fileplanet and could not find one...
Yes, there is a demo. Here it is:

http://www.fileplanet.com/181421/180000 ... -Beta-Demo
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

that is a beta demo, i found that...

a demo at the release version?
Helmut