Left 4 Dead

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Left 4 Dead

Post by VEGETA »

so anyone heard of this game if not its worth a look

First off 4 or 8 player co op, with ai to fill the gaps. So that should interest most. Its not a indepth find the scuds, take out the guards, do this do that co op liek ghost recon. Its simple, stay alive get out of the area. There are 4 areas to get out of basically or what they call movies, each broken up into levels (get to safe house to safehouse. You get to heal with med packs, get good amo load and a selection of guns to chose from. You don't have to bring the gun to sholder to aim, you just shoot at the croshairs idea so simple shooter game. Basically lots of zombies try to whoop your but and you got to shoot your way out. and it is hard but great fun. the Director that they call it (ie the game ai) is smart, it adusts to your groups level (4 people) so it will make it challenging and make sure its never the same 2 times in a row.

also the 8 player, the standard 4 must survive, but the other 4 people zone in as high level zombies and try to kill the 4 lol. You pick spawn point as zombie, and you respawn 20 sec after death as you are easialy killed. Then once the 4 main people live of die, then you switch sides, repeat same section and they do what you did to them. Its a blast to play.

So if you like co op, want a simple shoter and like killing zombies you want this. also it looks great and more content is expected in the future, ie more guns and maps.

It is by Valve who have shown with Team fortress 2 they can make fun games and will keep it going with new content to keep the game interesting. Got my copy through steam as I actually like that system

video cool to watch no matter what, watch the intro video
http://www.l4d.com/media.htm

Review, good details
http://arstechnica.com/reviews/games/le ... review.ars

O and the wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_4_Dead
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I played the demo online with Jedi and it was fun but I dont feel compelled to pay full price for the game. The game has nice graphics but the gameplay just felt like Serious Sam with zombies to me.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

um more like the Team fortres 2 if anything, Ie TF2 can't be taken seriously lol it to cartoonish looking, same here its like a bad horor movie how could you take it seriously. you just got to laugh and enjoy.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

VEGETA wrote:um more like the Team fortres 2 if anything, Ie TF2 can't be taken seriously lol it to cartoonish looking, same here its like a bad horor movie how could you take it seriously. you just got to laugh and enjoy.
The problem is not that I was taking the game seriously because I certainly wasn't. The problem is that that Left 4 Dead has essentially the same gameplay that I've seen in other games for the past 6 or 7 years. I guess I've just become pickier with which first person shooters I buy.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

um been a while since I have seen a zombie shooter like this lol. Curious what games you refer to.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

VEGETA wrote:um been a while since I have seen a zombie shooter like this lol. Curious what games you refer to.
Zombies simply represent setting and content. I'm talking about the fundamental gameplay. You can replace the zombies in Left 4 Dead with the Combine soldiers from Half Life and the gameplay would still essentially be the same, yes?
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

eh no as this is ment to be co op of 4 people. Even single player the ai subs in for the other 3 characters. I think it changes things a bit. If it was just u then ya whatever the co op makes this game worth it and a rather intelegent AI/director adjusting to your groups level