Operation Flashpoint

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker

Operation Flashpoint

Post by Falker »

looks tight..

From IGN:

Flashpoint is as close to war as you'd want to get. It's a game that will make you feel the fear of going to battle". So begins our introduction to the first proper hands-on with Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, the long-awaited follow-up to one of the most realistic first-person shooters ever released. It's certainly a bold statement – is it really possible to feel proper fear when playing a videogame? – but one that should help assuage fan concern following the Flashpoint series' move from Bohemia to Codemasters' internal studio.

Links:

http://www.flashpointgame.com/index.php ... ication-us
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Still on the fence with this. I may get it at some point.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

If they release a demo I'll give it a shot but everyone that I know is calling this "ArmA lite".
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Gator

Post by Gator »

Arma Lite isn't a bad thing in general. I'd also like a demo. I don't like that it's so under the radar. If it's trying to be like a true sequel to OFP, then Arma-lite is not good. If it's trying to be a new game and just using the flashpoint name, then it just depends if it's a good game or not. Again, lack of a demo is discouraging -- what are they hiding???
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

anyone know the game modes? good coop? or just 4 at a time = lame? adversarial? etc?
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote:anyone know the game modes? good coop? or just 4 at a time = lame? adversarial? etc?
From what I read on the SimHQ review, the coop mode supports up to 4 players maximum.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

=lame. i really do not want to buy games that do this just to send a message to these developers. it really = console type games. regardless of us being able to muster more than 4, it is nice to have the capability when we do.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote:=lame. i really do not want to buy games that do this just to send a message to these developers. it really = console type games. regardless of us being able to muster more than 4, it is nice to have the capability when we do.
I'm still willing to try out a demo if one is ever made but my impression of OFP 2 is that its a highly consolized version of the original OFP that we grew to love so much. Yeah, the graphics may be nicer but if the gameplay and realism is not as good then I really dont care to get it.
Falker

Post by Falker »

We're in the pipe , five by five.